Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In memory of Wayne Kramer, who just passed away.

And Fred Sonic Smith, Rob Tyner, Michael Davis. I think Dennis Thompson is the only original member still alive?

Are you ready to testify?

MC5.jpg

Speaking of Tom Petty, doesn't he have a lyric that goes " Take back, Vanessa Redgrave, take back Joe Piscopo.." ?

Strange coincidence:

Last night I watched the movie "Blow Up" from 1966. I'd only seen the Yardbirds footage with Beck, Page & Relf before, and assumed the movie wasn't very good because seeing that clip out of context doesn't make much sense, or do the movie justice.

But it IS a really good movie! IMO. A good Art style thing: fantastic camera shots, slightly baffling story, nice sound design etc. I won't spoil it but it's worth watching for sure.

And....soundtrack composed by none other than: Herbert Hancock!!

There's a scene where the main char excitedly puts on a jazz record and tells Vanessa Redgrave "listen to this!!" While they smoke a joint. I tried to zoom in to see what it was, label says Verve but this album is Blue Note. At least, my copy is. I thought it may have been this:

maiden_voyage.jpg

Speaking of Tom Petty, doesn't he have a lyric that goes " Take back, Vanessa Redgrave, take back Joe Piscopo.." ?

Strange coincidence:

Last night I watched the movie "Blow Up" from 1966. I'd only seen the Yardbirds footage with Beck, Page & Relf before, and assumed the movie wasn't very good because seeing that clip out of context doesn't make much sense, or do the movie justice.

But it IS a really good movie! IMO. A good Art style thing: fantastic camera shots, slightly baffling story, nice sound design etc. I won't spoil it but it's worth watching for sure.

And....soundtrack composed by none other than: Herbert Hancock!!

There's a scene where the main char excitedly puts on a jazz record and tells Vanessa Redgrave "listen to this!!" While they smoke a joint. I tried to zoom in to see what it was, label says Verve but this album is Blue Note. At least, my copy is. I thought it may have been this:

View attachment 101324

Luv me some Herbie Hancock, matter of fact Iam adding him to my playlist for this morning ride

Back