Steven Wilson - "Insurgentes"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that said, France is one of the specific nations mentioned by Burning Shed when suggesting Postal Insurance.
I've ordered a lot from Burning Shed in the past (I'm not a one-time customer) and never got any problem. I also order quite a few books from Amazon UK and never got a single delivery problem. As far as I'm concerned, delivery from UK to France has always been smooth. I'm also on various PT's forums and I've yet to find someone else who did not get his package. So go figure.

I'm starting to wonder if the package has been indeed shipped.

I'd suggest that you'd be lucky to get a replacement if it was indeed lost in the post. And, since they forewarned you, they'd be in the right.
I don't think you get the point.

There was no insurance for the "slightly bended corners" that you can see on page 3 of this thread. But, despite the extreme rarity of the package, Burning Shed sent a replacement nonetheless. That IS being lucky in that context.

I'm just questioning Burning Shed's policy, i.e., is it better to send replacement packages because of some minor quibbles and let other people without nothing at all ? I'd be more than happy to get at least a copy with such slightly bended corners.

By the way, to those who got replacement copies, what did you do with your "defective" copy ? Sent them back to Burning Shed ?

I didn't have a damaged copy to replace, but either way, if a copy arrived damaged, they are obligated to replace it.

If your copy was never sent, they are obligated to send it. But if they did send it, and I would assume that they have, and you did not insure it despite them telling specifically you (being that you are in France) that it would be in your best interest to do so (and despite your having received items just fine in the past), and it was somehow lost in the post, they aren't obligated to do anything other than say "I told you so."

I didn't have a damaged copy to replace, but either way, if a copy arrived damaged, they are obligated to replace it.

If your copy was never sent, they are obligated to send it. But if they did send it, and I would assume that they have, and you did not insure it despite them telling specifically you (being that you are in France) that it would be in your best interest to do so (and despite your having received items just fine in the past), and it was somehow lost in the post, they aren't obligated to do anything other than say "I told you so."

Insurance is the one area where buying from Burning Shed makes me nervous. I've never had anything lost from them, but I generally like to insure my purchases. However, the costs from them are way too high. I don't know if it is the Royal Mail that charges outrageous sums or if it's BS, but I always worry about what would happen should something go missing. When Insurgentes is released to the masses I'll buy it elsewhere just for that reason. Damage and loss are both considered insurance claims, for them to replace for one and not the other is a bit suspect. My guess is that they realized that they had made a mistake and not packaged adequately and are replacing the book on their own dime. Good luck, I hope you get your copy!

Amazon Canada is down to $12.99 for the pre-order now. I ordered one and when it gets close to the release date I'll find something else I want to increase the order and get free shipping.

It's $18 here in the usa, don't tell me our currency has tanked again?!
http://www.amazon.com/Insurgentes-S...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1230736296&sr=1-1

Your currency hasn't tanked, ours has lately as we are in the 20% difference as of late to the bad.
For some weird reason some of Steven's preorders have come in at a better price than Amazon.com, not sure why, won't complain as its rare that we get a better price in Canada compared to USA.
I ordered No Man-Schoolyard Ghosts and it did the same thing with 14.99 initially and eventually selling for 12.99 on a preorder.

peter

Thanks Dave, there is no description at all whether it includes the dvd audio but have preordered anyways on the belief that it does.
peter

The record label listed on Amazon.ca is Snapper. If you navigate to http://www.snappermusic.com/ you will see a link to Kscope. Navigate to Kscope and you will find a listing for the cd/dvda of Insurgentes (click on the Kscope store link on the Kscope main page). So it looks very likely that the Amazon.ca listing is the one we want.

The K-Scope/Snapper editions will contain DVDA 5.1 versions.
(I just completed them today & am testing now before doing the masters)

$13.99 for the CD at Amazon (US), I just preordered to get locked in at that price. If it doesn't have the DVD, I'll cancel.

Thanks Neil. So there won't be a "cd only" version? The one we ordered should have the DVD-A?

AFAIK, the so-called "Retail" version will be CD/DVDA double pack - just like the K-Scope No-Man albums are.
ANd yes - of course there will be stereo DVDA on the disc. It is mandatory or the build will fail.
You can use a downmix, but that is not a proper stereo - too much compromise.

I am blessed - I got the LP as a gift. :) now I need a turntable

question for DVD-A - is Collecting Space on it?

Back