Steven Wilson - "Insurgentes"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah ok thanks guys. bit of a bummer would have loved to hear it in surround

I ordered the DVD-A having missed out on the ltd edition CD+DVDA

Good luck, I hope you get your copy!
Thanks BananaSlug :)
I got a replacement copy, eventually. What a relief !

Insurgentes is a bold artistic statement... I've been following Steve's work since 1999 (that year I saw PT three times on stage), and he still amazes me.

He's got everything right. If I was a musician, I would be very jealous of him :D

All of the Amazon sites (.ca, .com, and co.uk) are listing the number of discs for this item as 1 while the Burning Shed site lists it as 2 discs. Not a good sign.

Hmmmm. Neil said as far as he knew there was only the one version. Let's keep an eye on it.

Wiki says:

In November 2008 Wilson released his first official solo album, Insurgentes, recorded all over the world between January-August, as a double CD plus a DVD-A (limited to 3,000 copies) and a 4 x 10 inch vinyl version (limited to 1,000 copies), both with hardback book featuring the images of acclaimed and long time collaborator Danish photographer Lasse Hoile. Both editions are exclusive to insurgentes.org. A standard retail CD version (also including the 5.1 DVD-A) will be released on march 9, 2009

Even if it says it's only 1 disc on the Amazon sites I think they all include the DVDA. Wait and you shall see :D I don't think there will be a 1 disc edition. At least not the first pressing. Amazon (and others) list 2 disc editions as 1 disc all the time. You really can't go by that.

If in doubt; pre-order it from newburycomics for $15.99. Not the cheapest, but it will include a limited autographed cd booklet by Mr. Steve Wilson himself :D So hurry up!

And it definitly includes the DVDA; "Insurgentes is a 2 Disc Set (CD + DVDA), with a 24 page booklet packaged in a Super jewel case with slipcase."

http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_home.php?storenr=103&deptnr=508

Your welcome ;)

Snapper music are to release 2 versions of this.
Both will be CD/DVDA.
One will be available through all online retailers, and has the film content removed from the DVDA, so no 18 minute preview of "Insurgentes - the Documentary", and no trailers either.
The other one will be the same DVDA content as the book edition, and is to be available through mail order (possibly burning shed?).
I do not know what the CD-DA content is to be, and if the additional bonus tracks are to be available on either version.

AFAIK, they will *all* be CD/DVDA, but this might not be correct (I do not know if there is to be a version with just CD) - I guess an email to Burning Shed will get the answers.

Even if it says it's only 1 disc on the Amazon sites I think they all include the DVDA. Wait and you shall see :D I don't think there will be a 1 disc edition. At least not the first pressing. Amazon (and others) list 2 disc editions as 1 disc all the time. You really can't go by that.

If in doubt; pre-order it from newburycomics for $15.99. Not the cheapest, but it will include a limited autographed cd booklet by Mr. Steve Wilson himself :D So hurry up!

And it definitly includes the DVDA; "Insurgentes is a 2 Disc Set (CD + DVDA), with a 24 page booklet packaged in a Super jewel case with slipcase."

http://www.newburycomics.com/rel/v2_home.php?storenr=103&deptnr=508

Your welcome ;)

The Beatles "Love" cd/DVD-A said "1 disc" up until a week or so before it came out, so I'm hoping this is the case again. Never look to the online retailers for accuracy.

hey that's pretty cool getting the multitracks to play with. Not sure if I have enough time/energy/expertise to do much with it, but it will be fun just to listen to it all separated out.

24-bit files too. 44.1KHz SR, but we can upsample.....

Neil, in your opinion, what are the pro's and con's of the various "KHz" rates? If higher rates equals better sound, then why wouldn't the recordings be standardized at the highest possible resolution? Is it file size, work load, money, all of the above?

Just wondering.....

Last edited:
Even though I have the Deluxe Edition, I'm gonna pick up this CD set too.

You will likely get a DVD-A as well. Even though the description on amazon.com says 1 disc, if you do a search with the ASIN number you will find another link on their DE site which indicates a CD+DVD-A. So given that Neil says there is only one version of the February release and that this link to one common ASIN number indicates a DVD-A I would bet 99.9999999% that there will be 2 discs. I pre-ordered off amazon.ca for $12.99. Great price for a CD/DVD-A combo.

http://www.amazon.de/Insurgentes-Steven-Wilson/dp/B001O2ZW1A

Has anybody else downloaded the remix pkg for The Abandoner? I made three mixes of the tracks provided; the bass drum and bass aren't included that I could find. It's great fun in wild self-induced 5.1!

Back