Steven Wilson - The Future Bites - Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're talking about Mr. Walkman mod...I can't try it, damn! I've got a Mac and it doesn't work there..I need to find a friend with a Windows Pc. Anyway..the album is great and it's a great listen even with the stock firmware!

Yes. Mr. Walkman is a genius !!! If you can get hold PC, i would without doubt download his firmware. ( Latest firmware - "Project Z" ) There's two modes of listening, "Classic" & "Plus". Both excellent, but "Plus" imo being a further improvement.
Not only does TFB sound unworldly, but ALL my music does now. Do everything you can to upgrade firmware. :)

Having issues with this disc, as another poster wrote on the poll page. Videos will not play. Screen locks up. I also have an Oppo BDP83

It seems a problem with Oppo players. I had tested the BD in a Pioneer BDP-450 and in a Samsung UBD-K8500 and it played fine. Today I did it in an LG BP740 and everything was fine too.

If any of you own the Super Deluxe Box set, there is a CD in a packet at rear of book notes, the actual CD says "This Disc Left Intentionally Blank".
There is audio, I will not say what, as to not give it away. The CD is 59:58 and from 39:48-41:47 there is audio.
R-17174641-1612221753-7782.jpeg.jpg

I have to say, it was very generous of the Ultra-Deluxe set buyer to share the exclusive song and make a music video for it.

The right guy actually got the super limited release, unlike that Wu-Tang record that was also a single copy. I don't know many people who would make a pretty decent music video for something like this, though he will probably make what he spent on the set back through ads from this video. And its not a bad song either.

I read somewhere on this thread about the quality of "Instrumentals" I just finished ripping the Blu Ray and the instrumentals are 24/96 stereo only. There is a 16/44.1 CD also for the instrumentals. In the box set.
FWIW, I find the stereo instrumentals quite good and relaxing.

If any of you own the Super Deluxe Box set, there is a CD in a packet at rear of book notes, the actual CD says "This Disc Left Intentionally Blank".
There is audio, I will not say what, as to not give it away. The CD is 59:58 and from 39:48-41:47 there is audio.
View attachment 62954

Thanks for the tip!
I just listened to it.
I was thinking it was going to make me appreciate a little bit getting the deluxe box set but.... it didn't.

I read somewhere on this thread about the quality of "Instrumentals" I just finished ripping the Blu Ray and the instrumentals are 24/96 stereo only. There is a 16/44.1 CD also for the instrumentals. In the box set.
FWIW, I find the stereo instrumentals quite good and relaxing.

Good... NO falsetto...

The right guy actually got the super limited release, unlike that Wu-Tang record that was also a single copy. I don't know many people who would make a pretty decent music video for something like this, though he will probably make what he spent on the set back through ads from this video.

I don't think so, he would have to make something like 20 million views...

I don't think so, he would have to make something like 20 million views...
Yea, I thought about that after I posted that. Anyways, he has a decent following to drum up a little bit of money through that and the unboxing video that most people who would want this do not.

View attachment 62954
Thanks for the timing Info, you saved me listening to one hour of silence. I just finished listening to it... and off to its sleeve it goes not to be rescued again. Worthless usage of a full CD for two minutes of nonsense :(

I can imagine Steven Wilson laughing from the people. He says: "It is blank. There is nothing in there. Don't waste your time...". But some people just listen to almost one hour silence. Perhaps is good for meditation and thinking meanwhile about the Steven Wilson message.

I can imagine Steven Wilson laughing from the people. He says: "It is blank. There is nothing in there. Don't waste your time...". But some people just listen to almost one hour silence. Perhaps is good for meditation and thinking meanwhile about the Steven Wilson message.
Well of course I don't think anybody listened to one hour of silence, including myself, that would be ludicrous with modern equipment. I just fast forward to signal, took me about 2 mins to figure out.

Well of course I don't think anybody listened to one hour of silence, including myself, that would be ludicrous with modern equipment. I just fast forward to signal, took me about 2 mins to figure out.

But what if you loose some few seconds of something interesting...
Better to rip the CD and look first in an audio program window if all the signal is null or not.

Just kidding. And wasting, pardon, spending our time with this "Steven Wilson message".

Back