Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson) Atmos Mix Coming

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I’m being honest the album doesn’t really do much for me in stereo so it hasn’t really been a priority for me to track down but I’m a massive Akerfeldt/Opeth fan so that makes me excited for this reissue!
It's not the kind of thing I could listen to every day either, but the surround effect really enhances the experience (especially the ambient passages) if the mood is right.

As much as I love the album, the "other bonus material" will need to be pretty spectacular for me to buy it. For may reasons

The current blu-ray is great
I'm not set up for atmos
A live version on one song, which I've seen on YouTube, is not that enticing

I absolutely love this album and having just upgraded my system for Atmos, I'm chomping at the bit for this. The Blu Ray is fantastic but the Dolby Atmos mix should offer a different (if not necessarily better) experience. It took me a little while to engage but when this album clicked with me, it really clicked. It appears to have gone quiet since SW's post, however.

I agree! Storm Corrosion is a truly special album. The Dolby Atmos mix sounds amazing, and I can't wait to hear the live version of 'Drag Ropes'. I'm sure that the other bonus material will be great too.

Last edited:
Back