Suede "Suede" (SDE Blu-Ray #11 with Steven Wilson stereo, 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did they say anything about the surround sound mix during the Q&A?
Someone did ask at the end how they felt about the surround mix, and they were kinda ambivalent to be honest (was going to say they weren't swayed, but thought better of it). Doh! 😂

They said they weren't really into "hifi" and just liked things to sound good on an old car stereo - whatever that means? Admitted it sounded amazing when they heard at Steven Wilson's studio, just as though they were back cutting the album live. But it was the kind of generic rockstar 'not bothered' response that makes you understand why things don't always get off the ground...

I'm really hoping SW gets to mix Coming Up next...

Someone did ask at the end how they felt about the surround mix, and they were kinda ambivalent to be honest (was going to say they weren't swayed, but thought better of it). Doh! 😂

They said they weren't really into "hifi" and just liked things to sound good on an old car stereo - whatever that means? Admitted it sounded amazing when they heard at Steven Wilson's studio, just as though they were back cutting the album live. But it was the kind of generic rockstar 'not bothered' response that makes you understand why things don't always get off the ground...

I'm really hoping SW gets to mix Coming Up next...
You're missing an album there, mate.

Anyone else have significant issues navigating between the original mix and the Steven Wilson mixes? I was literally spending minutes trying to figure out what to do before I skipped all the tracks in one of the mixes and it sent me to the title screen.

The sublime (Scott Walker produced) We Love Life too please while we're at it. Such a great album and very underappreciated at the time. Time to reappraise perhaps (or should I go tell it to The Trees?)
I would pay good money to have Wickerman in Atmos or 5.1. Same for The Asphalt World, by Suede, from their second album. A true masterpiece of a song.

Back