Suede "Suede" (SDE Blu-Ray #11 with Steven Wilson stereo, 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suede just arrived on release day too! Nice, looking forward to checking it out.

Attachments

• IMG_5780.jpeg
    IMG_5780.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Most Unfortunately, and this is a FIRST, my SDE BD~A of SUEDE arrived today in deplorable condition. The case was severly crushed and the disc is unplayable in the two OPPO players I own incuding the 205! I did send a request to SDE for a replacement set .... Hope they have some in reserve for such
circumstances!

Most Unfortunately, and this is a FIRST, my SDE BD~A of SUEDE arrived today in deplorable condition. The case was severly crushed and the disc is unplayable in the two OPPO players I own incuding the 205! I did send a request to SDE for a replacement set .... Hope they have some in reserve for such
circumstances!
Was the packaging the issue, or was the package mishandled by the shipping?

Was the packaging the issue, or was the package mishandled by the shipping?
I would assume it occurred during shipment as ALL other SDE orders have arrived in perfect condition.

But since it's a very limited edition even if the post office [unlikely] settled my claim...I'd be without a disc. I could live with the packaging by replacing the case but I do need a new BD~A!

I thought the "High Fidelity Pure Audio" branding was supposed to be audio only. How did they get away with including videos?

I thought the "High Fidelity Pure Audio" branding was supposed to be audio only. How did they get away with including videos?
HFPA branding is dead. It was a marketing push by Universal. Suede isn't a Universal release; this rerelease is on Edsel, which is under Demon, which is owned by the BBC. SDE uses the HFPA-branded clear Amaray cases for the Surround Series, but they are under no obligation to conform to any standard when it comes to what is or isn't included on the discs.

I received my copy today and I'm listening now. It sounds great! I'm only up to "Pantomime Horse" as of writing, listening to the 5.1 mix of the album, but so far I'm really enjoying the surround mix and fidelity.

I don't want to alarm anyone waiting for their disc, but I have to add I do hear this weird momentary rumbling noise during "She's Not Dead" on the surround mixes and the new stereo mix, that doesn't appear to be on the original mix. I first thought the sound was thunder when listening during my first playback of the disc, it was raining here in Massachusetts at the time, but I listened the track again and realized it's on the disc. It's not a big deal overall, and I didn't hear the same noise on any of the other tracks, as far as I could tell, but I'm hearing a rumble that happens at the 9:17 mark on the disc during that song, after the line “in the car…”, and then some low frequency thumping noises happen during the 9:44-9:48 mark. Maybe it's tape damage or something that happened during the transfer?

Last edited:
Odd, I’ve been listening to the Atmos mix on Apple Music for the past few weeks and didn’t notice anything…

Funny enough I didn’t realize this was in Atmos on Apple Music until your comment. I found the Dolby Atmos mix on Apple Music just now and I can hear the same sounds on “She’s Not Dead” at 2:09 and 2:36, with 2:36 being the loudest. It's only for a moment, so probably not worth me pointing out, it was just something I noticed. Overall, it's still an awesome mix!

Edit: I should also point out that I'm listening in 5.1 to the Dolby Atmos mix on Apple Music.

Last edited:
Just got mine in and man that Wilson dude can really get some great sonics out of his stuff; nice clean kick drum/bass just hits you in the chest right off on the first song. And of course the mix is sublime as usual.

Not being at all familiar with this band/artist I'll need some time to digest, but liking what I'm hearing so far (y)

SUEDE BD.jpg

Back