Suede "Suede" (SDE Blu-Ray #11 with Steven Wilson stereo, 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone not get the shipping notice yet? I'm in the US and I also ordered the 2-CD set, so I'm wondering if that's why I didn't get shipping confirmation yet. 🤔

Anyone not get the shipping notice yet? I'm in the US and I also ordered the 2-CD set, so I'm wondering if that's why I didn't get shipping confirmation yet. 🤔
Mine hasn't been shipped yet, but I also ordered the other formats, which I suspect SDE might not receive until Tuesday

Mine’s already in Richmond BC Canada just a short hop to the island left coast!…….. now it says it’ll take 4 days to get here! WTF? It’s a 3in flight or about 2 hours by boat! 4 flipping days! 😳

Last edited:
Listening now to this new release SDE #11, in Dolby Atmos.
This will take me a few listens as it is not my type of music, but i am hearing a David Bowie vibe which is cool.
Surround is very active, bouncing all over the place, I like the surround, let this grow on me, be open and positive, I will try.
The actual cover does not have the Blue & White hype sticker as shown below.
The cover is intriguing, so I looked it up.
From Wikipedia:
Before the album was released, the band half seriously considered titles of Half Dog, Animal Lover and I Think You Stink, all were rejected in favour of Suede.[15] The gender-ambiguous cover art provoked some controversy in the press, prompting Anderson to comment: "I chose it because of the ambiguity of it, but mostly because of the beauty of it."[8] The cover image of the androgynous kissing couple was taken from the 1991 book Stolen Glances: Lesbians Take Photographs edited by Tessa Boffin and Jean Fraser. The photograph was taken by Tee Corinne and in its entirety shows a woman kissing an acquaintance in a wheelchair.[15] Corinne had in fact turned down the band's request to use the full shot of the two naked women and insisted they could only use a head and shoulders close-up of the women to protect their identity.[27]
11355325bf79dda5a46e560cceadd2b0.jpg

Mine’s already in Richmond BC Canada just a short hop to the island left coast!…….. now it says it’ll take 4 days to get here! WTF? It’s a 3in flight or about 2 hours by boat! 4 flipping days! 😳
Same here, mine shipped June 30 and has already cleared customs in Richmond, I expect it will arrive tomorrow.
If so it will be the fastest SDE delivery yet.
(Meanwhile half of my Rhino order is nowhere to be seen).

Received mine just before lunch.

Playing it now....the maestro strikes again....fabulous.
Mine has just arrived and playing too (while watching the cricket, and working!).

Agreed, its another excellent SW surround mix. I switched briefly to the Atmos 5.1 fold down mix (no Atmos with me) and, similar to The Hurting, the Atmos doesn't fold down well (far too quiet on the fronts).

Mine has just arrived and playing too (while watching the cricket, and working!).

Agreed, its another excellent SW surround mix. I switched briefly to the Atmos 5.1 fold down mix (no Atmos with me) and, similar to The Hurting, the Atmos doesn't fold down well (far too quiet on the fronts).
Yep, I'm watching the cricket 🏏 too

So glad this got a lossless release. Went to a preview event yesterday in London. Great mix from SW again. Sounded fantastic! There was a Q+A with Brett Anderson and Mat Osman afterwards which was pretty interesting. Hope they continue with SW mixing 'Coming Up' into Atmos...

View attachment 93587
Did they say anything about the surround sound mix during the Q&A?

I think it's also worth noting that it has a new stereo mix by Steven Wilson as well, along with HD music videos. Even though surround sound is a treat, hearing another person's stab at a stereo mix is absolutely fun in itself!

Back