Tangerine Dream - In Search Of Hades pre-order live

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's beautiful:

41KKeWyjR-L.jpg

I was "out" for this set...and now I'm having second thoughts...but seeing all those discs brings me to another problem...when I buy these box sets I remove the surround discs and put them in plastic "holders"...but with 16 CDs in this set plus the 2 blu ray discs...they will probably just put all 18 discs in slots in the cardboard...and when this isn't done properly you have scratched discs...from looking at this illustration of the set...I image it will be in a tri fold arrangement to accommodate all those discs...and right now amazonUK has the best price and is the most distant vendor...in the past I've been lucky with them on larger box sets...the outer box was "beat up" but the actual contents were fine...I'm going to have to think about this some more:unsure:

I was "out" for this set...and now I'm having second thoughts...but seeing all those discs brings me to another problem...when I buy these box sets I remove the surround discs and put them in plastic "holders"...but with 16 CDs in this set plus the 2 blu ray discs...they will probably just put all 18 discs in slots in the cardboard...and when this isn't done properly you have scratched discs...from looking at this illustration of the set...I image it will be in a tri fold arrangement to accommodate all those discs...and right now amazonUK has the best price and is the most distant vendor...in the past I've been lucky with them on larger box sets...the outer box was "beat up" but the actual contents were fine...I'm going to have to think about this some more:unsure:

Oy, Clinty ........ you've heard of shape shifters ....... Yes? Then hire a disc shifter ..... who will neatly place all your coasters ... er.......discs into little thin poly sleeves and then re insert them into the set. Problem solved!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEONAG-TS-5613 [I use them ALL the time]!

BTW, these are INDISPENSABLE for protecting all those MoFi Stereo SACD Mini LP Covers .... http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEONAG-TS-508

Last edited:
Oy, Clinty ........ you've heard of shape shifters ....... Yes? Then hire a disc shifter ..... who will neatly place all your coasters ... er.......discs into little thin poly sleeves and then re insert them into the set. Problem solved!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEONAG-TS-5613 [I use them ALL the time]!

BTW, these are INDISPENSABLE for protecting all those MoFi Stereo SACD Mini LP Covers .... http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEONAG-TS-508

It doesn't usually work that way Ralphie...the discs are so tight that there isn't room for a sleeve...doing so will result in a tear in the cardboard:censored:

It doesn't usually work that way Ralphie...the discs are so tight that there isn't room for a sleeve...doing so will result in a tear in the cardboard:censored:

Nay, Clinty. These poly sleeves are SO thin they really do work ....... the poly sleeve, whose bottom is rounded NOT square, may become a little wrinkled but they DO absolutely, unequivocally protect the disc itself. And they're CHEAP AS HADES!:devilish:
BTW. I'm also having second thoughts about purchasing this set ... thanks for the AmazonUK link!

Nay, Clinty. These poly sleeves are SO thin they really do work ....... the poly sleeve, whose bottom is rounded NOT square, may become a little wrinkled but they DO absolutely, unequivocally protect the disc itself. And they're CHEAP AS HADES!:devilish:
BTW. I'm also having second thoughts about purchasing this set ... thanks for the AmazonUK link!
Is there a domestic source for those sleeves?

Is there a domestic source for those sleeves?

Unfortunately, NOT, Clinty. I've checked with a lot of domestic companies like Sleeve City and the only ones in my experience who do carry them are CDJapan .... Sure, they're cheap but then CDJapan imposes a s/h fee so I try to include them with a music order. I'd also order those poly enclosures for those MoFi Stereo SACDs in those LP carboard enclosures. They slide right in ... no adhesive. LOVE THEM!

And to answer Pupster's question: They don't rip.......when I do insert them into those TIGHT enclosures that Clint describes .... they might wrinkle from forcing them into those ultra snug enclosures ....but rip .... NOT.

Unfortunately, NOT, Clinty. I've checked with a lot of domestic companies like Sleeve City and the only ones in my experience who do carry them are CDJapan .... Sure, they're cheap but then CDJapan imposes a s/h fee so I try to include them with a music order. I'd also order those poly enclosures for those MoFi Stereo SACDs in those LP carboard enclosures. They slide right in ... no adhesive. LOVE THEM!

And to answer Pupster's question: They don't rip.......when I do insert them into those TIGHT enclosures that Clint describes .... they might wrinkle from forcing them into those ultra snug enclosures ....but rip .... NOT.

At the suggestion of a member...I just purchased this one

Also purchased. Thanks for the link!

For those that live in the UK...same company here...now back to Tangerine Dream...imagine listening to this in a dark room with just the lights of your electronic equipment as a backdrop after Steven Wilson does his magic...suddenly your headache is gone....you close your eyes.....you are transported to another time in your life...you are a child looking toward the heavens...you are calm...not afraid...

For those that live in the UK...same company here...now back to Tangerine Dream...imagine listening to this in a dark room with just the lights of your electronic equipment as a backdrop after Steven Wilson does his magic...suddenly your headache is gone....you close your eyes.....you are transported to another time in your life...you are a child looking toward the heavens...you are calm...not afraid...

Nice... I know I've got that LP from way back when, stashed somewhere:unsure:

Back