Ten Years After "A Space In Time" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad shipping 3/17)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. Here's some exclusive news for all my friends here at QuadrophonicQuad – which I haven't even posted on SDE yet – and that is we are doing another run of 1000 Ten Years After, since there is such an incredible demand for this release!

To have the best chance of getting a copy add yourself to the 'waiting list' by clicking on the 'Notify me if you get some more' button on the product listing.
https://www.thesdeshop.com/collecti...e-limited-edition-sde-exclusive-blu-ray-audio
As soon as these go back into stock (which should be in a couple of weeks) you will get sent an email, so no waiting for a post on SDE.

Cheers
Paul

Strange that..

I got an alert about this possibility yesterday in answer to my question "will there be any more Ten Years After albums in the near future "?

That's great news for the many who missed out on QQ .

I'm pretty sure it's the same Peter Mew-mastered version that's on the 2012 DVD-V, but with the correct channel assignment.
That makes sense. I'm 99% sure this was encoded from a lossy source. In a null test, there is very little difference between the DTS core and the DTS-HD Master.
It could be exactly the same as the 2012 release, with correct channel assignment.

Strange that..

I got an alert about this possibility yesterday in answer to my question "will there be any more Ten Years After albums in the near future "?

That's great news for the many who missed out on QQ .
Wow, this surprised me in a good way.
Heads up to all whose who missed out on the first pressing . You better be ordering asap!
You snooze you lose.,....😴
I considered ordering another copy but will pass hoping all who never got this one will instead.

Last edited:
That makes sense. I'm 99% sure this was encoded from a lossy source. In a null test, there is very little difference between the DTS core and the DTS-HD Master.
It could be exactly the same as the 2012 release, with correct channel assignment.
I was comparing the sleeves of the 2012 vs 2023 quad mix:

2012 says 4.1 quad mix
2023 says 4.0 quad mix

Have not listened to either yet. The 2023 says it's 24/48 and 24/96 on the 2012

I tried a null test using both versions of "Change The World" ripped to 24/48 4.0 WAVs (the old DVD version had to be lowered 9.5 dB to match the new Blu-Ray) and they came pretty close to completely cancelling out. Toggling between them using the 'X-OR' solo mode yields nearly indistinguishable results as well.

TVA Compare.jpg

I still credit SDE for going the extra mile and including the quad mix - it's not like they were obligated to do so - even though it's (apparently) not lossless and/or a new remaster.

I tried a null test using both versions of "Change The World" ripped to 24/48 4.0 WAVs (the old DVD version had to be lowered 9.5 dB to match the new Blu-Ray) and they came pretty close to completely cancelling out. Toggling between them using the 'X-OR' solo mode yields nearly indistinguishable results as well.

View attachment 90651

I still credit SDE for going the extra mile and including the quad mix - it's not like they were obligated to do so - even though it's (apparently) not lossless and/or a new remaster.
Yes, it’s been confirmed by a professional in the field that it’s not coming from a lossless source. Having said that, it sounds good as a DTS stream and it’s happy to have the quad as part of this blu-ray release!

Hi friends... Slightly unexpectedly (we thought it would be next week) Ten Years After is now back in stock on the SDE shop. The second run is of 1000 units but I should warn you that 200 of those have gone in the last hour. These have 'second edition' written above the barcode on the back, to differentiate from the first issue. They will still come with the slipcase as before.

Stock for The Hurting has also arrive for shipping next week and so there's a small restock on that as well!

Surround Sound – theSDEshop.com

Hi friends... Slightly unexpectedly (we thought it would be next week) Ten Years After is now back in stock on the SDE shop. The second run is of 1000 units but I should warn you that 200 of those have gone in the last hour. These have 'second edition' written above the barcode on the back, to differentiate from the first issue. They will still come with the slipcase as before.

Stock for The Hurting has also arrive for shipping next week and so there's a small restock on that as well!

Can you say “FOMO”? Going, going, going… Read your posts and emails, boys and girls, and don’t wait until after lunch to place your order!

Now we just need 2nd runs of Brian Eno and Mike Oldfield! 🙏🙏

Excellent news! I learned of the original release too late to order and just found an email from SDE in my inbox regarding this. Ordered!!

Back