Tesla DVD-A from Silverline

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Let me start by saying that I am a huge Tesla fan (don't laugh... they're good).

I should have heeded the warnings of previous postings regarding Silverline. This is another poorly executed disc. All live tracks (no problem there but...)... fades between each track... bad fades (very abrupt). Another (to my ears anyway) fake surround mix. The rears sound like reverb with nothing discrete (though I guess that would be how it would sound in the hall if you were seeing the band). And the low end is waaaaaaayyyy to hot. I wound up having to turn my sub down to about -4 or so before it was listenable. I think I am going to have to stay away from Silverline releases in the future. The only good thing about this disc was the price ($14.99 at Best Buy). Let the buyer beware!

I think my biggest complaint with Silverline is that if their titles are someone's introduction to 5.1 music, they will be missing out on all that it has to offer. Honestly, I think my Dolby ProLogic II does a better job than some of the Silverline titles I have heard.

Wish someone from Silverline would chime in here....

:-jon

I get the feeling they're just going to release the glut of 160 some-odd titles they have licenses for in a cookie-cutter fashion (least amount of work, least amount of concern, least amount of consumer consideration) and then just ride the wave until it peters out. The problem is, with such a huge glut of sub-standard product, it is my opinion that they will single-handedly bring down DVD-A much sooner than if they never released anything.

Silverline needs to be called to task for their arrogant attitude toward the consumer. I have done these things, and I urge others to do the same:
Write Silverline and tell them specifically why you are dissatisfied with their product.
Send copies of your Silverline complaint to publications and web pages that follow the dvd-a market.
Tell the people in charge at the store you purchased the Silverline item about your complaint and why they might reconsider which labels to give priority stocking to.

THere is nothing more frustration then buying something and finding it to be less than you expect.

The worst part of this is that they have some very attractive titles, otherwise our members would not be buying them!

It is bad discs like some of these that will hurt the format, just as poor SQ decoders in the '70s hurt quad.

:-jon

I actually sent an email this morning to their contact that is listed on their contact page. I also included our little forum address so they could see for themselves firsthand our comments regarding their titles. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if there is any response.

Well... two days and no reply from Silverline on my email...

Either they didn't get it (which I doubt since I sent it through their page) or maybe they just don't care. More waiting....

Back