The All Jethro Tull Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recall reading somewhere that, on that tour, LZ privately expressed disdain for JT's live set, complaining that it varied little from show to show, down to where Ian would tell the same jokes. As a result, LZ would refer them as "Jethro Dull." Of course, JT was never a jam band and they probably would have had hell to pay with Peter Grant and company if their set ran over 35 minutes.

There are few mere mortals among us who could stand toe to toe with Robert Plant when it came to vocal prowess back in the day.

Anyone know if any of the music DVD's including in these anniversary issues are region locked? I've got Benefit and Thick as a Brick which are not region locked. Just ordered Minstrel, Aqualung and Songs from the Wood and it just dawned on me they may be locked. I doubt it since it's music and not video but thought I'd ask the group. Live in US and these are being shipped from the UK.

Anyone know if any of the music DVD's including in these anniversary issues are region locked? I've got Benefit and Thick as a Brick which are not region locked. Just ordered Minstrel, Aqualung and Songs from the Wood and it just dawned on me they may be locked. I doubt it since it's music and not video but thought I'd ask the group. Live in US and these are being shipped from the UK.
DVDs are region-free and NTSC.

I bought Songs From The Wood Box set brand new, and DVD #2 (which is in its own pocket inside the book) had a lot of marks right out of the box. I exchanged the box set for another copy, and this one has even more marks than the first one. Both are 2023 represses, which are identical to the 2017 release. Is there a channel to provide feedback to the manufacturer? It shouldn't be the case that DVDs are VG condition right out of the box.

I bought Songs From The Wood Box set brand new, and DVD #2 (which is in its own pocket inside the book) had a lot of marks right out of the box. I exchanged the box set for another copy, and this one has even more marks than the first one. Both are 2023 represses, which are identical to the 2017 release. Is there a channel to provide feedback to the manufacturer? It shouldn't be the case that DVDs are VG condition right out of the box.
This forum is read by the fabulous people at Warner.

My Jethro Tull/Ian Anderson collection. Missing is my reissue copy of TAAB(I never requested a corrected copy of the original release so…) and my copy of the Secret Life of Birds(I know that I have it somewhere).

And, yes, that’s Brick by Talking Heads on the bottom left and my Barclays James Harvest collection to the right, but I don’t want to get off topic.

Attachments

• IMG_6778.jpeg
    IMG_6778.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
https://www.hotpress.com/music/hot-for-2024-irish-acts-louise-patricia-crane-23004931

Louise Patricia Crane​

After a successful spell fronting goth-rockers Solemn Novena, and performing with gloom-loving collective The Eden House, this Belfast-born songsmith and visual artist flew the nest to become a solo star at the start of the decade, and was quickly hailed as the new queen of psychedelic prog. Her debut album Deep Blue, which featured appearances from legends like Jethro Tull’s Ian Anderson, was a royally good affair that turned plenty of heads across the Irish Sea. This spring, Crane is set to spread her wings even further with the release of her second LP.

Hear: Deep Blue.

Watch: The suitably trippy video for her cover of King Crimson’s ‘Ladies Of The Road’.

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
I have a question about the Songs From The Wood box set rerelease. I missed out on the original run of this which left a glaring hole in the rest of my Tull boxset collection for years. It made my OCD self crazy. I did manage to borrow one from a friend and listen to it. I finally listened to my rerelease last night and saw that it had 4 Quad tracks on it. Were these on the original release? I don't remember seeing them, although it's been quite a while. They sound great! And does anybody know why the entire album wasn't included in Quad? Were the original Quad tapes damaged or missing or were these the only tracks done in Quad?

https://www.hotpress.com/music/hot-for-2024-irish-acts-louise-patricia-crane-23004931

Louise Patricia Crane​

After a successful spell fronting goth-rockers Solemn Novena, and performing with gloom-loving collective The Eden House, this Belfast-born songsmith and visual artist flew the nest to become a solo star at the start of the decade, and was quickly hailed as the new queen of psychedelic prog. Her debut album Deep Blue, which featured appearances from legends like Jethro Tull’s Ian Anderson, was a royally good affair that turned plenty of heads across the Irish Sea. This spring, Crane is set to spread her wings even further with the release of her second LP.

Hear: Deep Blue.

Watch: The suitably trippy video for her cover of King Crimson’s ‘Ladies Of The Road’.

Oohh. I like that. I might have to buy...

I have a question about the Songs From The Wood box set rerelease. I missed out on the original run of this which left a glaring hole in the rest of my Tull boxset collection for years. It made my OCD self crazy. I did manage to borrow one from a friend and listen to it. I finally listened to my rerelease last night and saw that it had 4 Quad tracks on it. Were these on the original release? I don't remember seeing them, although it's been quite a while. They sound great! And does anybody know why the entire album wasn't included in Quad? Were the original Quad tapes damaged or missing or were these the only tracks done in Quad?
Slight repeat, I looked back at my Songs From the Wood PMs and there is less said about this album than any other because it turned out so well in 5.1. All available quad was released, no notes of any damage to others. Steven Wilson was asked to mix One Brown Mouse demo (by Warner) in surround 5.1 as I & more important others love the song and guitar sound even if it was a glorified demo. Please appreciate this.
Tea cheers!

Last edited:
Back