The Beatles - Abbey Road 50th Anniversary (5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2019-09-27.png

Just had my first listen, will definitely listen again this afternoon once I get free from work.

First impression is ---- HOLY CRAP, I just love this. Nearly every track had something in it that I hadn't heard so clearly before. The surrounds are used a lot for the backing vocals and instruments, and it's pronounced not muddled (voices are super clear and clean). Drums and bass are all there....turn it up. I heard the organ like never before, bubbles in the garden, the tamborine was tamborining so clearly, each guitar would come from different place on selected track-- ... and Her Majesty is a treat at the end. I haven't had time to look over the big book (she's so heavy).

And my lovely wife was listening to it with me while trying to do her work (her desk is in the man cave)... she approved, said that stereo just doesn't get it, she's definitely a quad girl.

BTW, I played this on my Oppo 205. It worked fine for me first time.

Is it there yet?!!!!!

[Edit: Missed your post by a few seconds. Congrats. We expect a full dissertation by tomorrow morning on the poll.]

If I go to bed!!!

This is on repeat all night in Atmos!!

Have no fears folks.

This needs it's very own separate surround poll that starts from 10!!

Back