The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bills lose, Bears win...sure...:LOL::sleep:
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-power-rankings-week-13-2023-nfl-season
Rank

Philadelphia Eagles 10-1

Once again, the Eagles were outplayed for long stretches by a talented foe, and once again, they came out with a victory. Last week delivered two of the more emotional and meaningful nonconference victories a team can nab, with Jalen Hurts leading just as many second-half TD drives as Philadelphia needed to win on Monday and then Sunday. The Eagles were down 10 points in the third quarter at Arrowhead in Week 11's Monday nighter. They were also down 10 points to the Bills on Sunday, but James Bradberry made a play, and that was enough to shift the game back in Philly's favor. Sure, the Eagles needed about 14 more things to go their way after that, and the defense had to get off the field a few times to secure the win. As it was, they gave up 505 yards and were on the field for 92 plays in the rain.

Rank

Baltimore Ravens 9-3

The Ravens have led at the start of every fourth quarter this season. They’ve hit the bye in the No. 1 slot in the AFC and own a 1.5-game lead in a division where two other teams have lost their starting quarterbacks and the third isn’t exactly blown away by its QB1. But for whatever reason, Baltimore has a nasty habit of leaving the door open late, sometimes against inferior teams. Sunday night ended with a win, but the Ravens gave the Chargers all kinds of chances to steal the game. This has happened in victories over the Bengals and Cardinals, and it certainly was a problem in losses to the Colts, Steelers and Browns. Yet the Ravens stomped the Lions and Seahawks. Perhaps this won’t be a problem, but it’s currently one of the few fissures in the fortress, as the Ravens are clearly in the hunt for their first Super Bowl in more than a decade.

Im still pissed at the Lions due to the TurkeyDay debacle. And - lets face it - they have sucked and been lucky to win the last 2 games that they did win.

'Tis better to get the lousy games out of one's system now rather than in the playoffs:

2006 Chargers, 14-2, #1 in AFC, lost in first round.

2004 Steelers, 15-1, #1 in AFC, sneaked past the lowly Jets 20-17 only because a late Jet FG attempt doinked the crossbar. Steelers eliminated the next weekend.

1968 Baltomore Colts, NFL champions, saved their sh!ttiest game for SB III and lost to the lowly 18-point underdog Jets.

1969 Vikes, NFL champions, not to be outdone by the '68 Colts, saved their sh!ttiest game for SB IV and got totally dominated by the Chiefs. (You remember that one @Sonik Wiz ?)

2007 Pats, AFC champions, 18-0, saved their only bad break for 68,325 seconds into the season when Eli dropped back, escaped, and completed The Helmet Catch.

1996 Broncos, 13-3, #1 in AFC, eliminated in first round.

And the list goes on and on and on...

'Tis better to get the lousy games out of one's system now rather than in the playoffs:

2006 Chargers, 14-2, #1 in AFC, lost in first round.

2004 Steelers, 15-1, #1 in AFC, sneaked past the lowly Jets 20-17 only because a late Jet FG attempt doinked the crossbar. Steelers eliminated the next weekend.

1968 Baltomore Colts, NFL champions, saved their sh!ttiest game for SB III and lost to the lowly 18-point underdog Jets.

1969 Vikes, NFL champions, not to be outdone by the '68 Colts, saved their sh!ttiest game for SB IV and got totally dominated by the Chiefs. (You remember that one @Sonik Wiz ?)

2007 Pats, AFC champions, 18-0, saved their only bad break for 68,325 seconds into the season when Eli dropped back, escaped, and completed The Helmet Catch.

1996 Broncos, 13-3, #1 in AFC, eliminated in first round.

And the list goes on and on and on...
Absolutely!... AR graciously forgot to mention the 2011 Packers, 15-1 regular season record. One & done in the playoffs to the Giants 37-20. I still remember that game. NY went on to beat NE I believe....

...the key is being hungry, peaking at the right time & avoiding injuries (some what)..

Absolutely!... AR graciously forgot to mention the 2011 Packers, 15-1 regular season record. One & done in the playoffs to the Giants 37-20. I still remember that game. NY went on to beat NE I believe....

...the key is being hungry, peaking at the right time & avoiding injuries (some what)..

Oh, yes. I had forgotten about that one. The Giants lost 5 of 6 games during one losing streak that season yet sneaked into the playoffs at 9-7. They won their last 6 games including the Super Bowl which featured more of Eli's late game heroics against the Pats. Brady's Super Bowl nemeses: Competent, but not great QB's from the NFC East who rose to the occasion.

I graduated HS in Spring '69. SB IV was Jan '70. In that time frame I enlisted in JUCO with an intent to declare my eventual major in Student Union. I had a girlfriend named Jann. My life was all sex, drugs, rock ' roll. Nope don't really remember it. But I've read about it.

I graduated HS in Spring '69. SB IV was Jan '70. In that time frame I enlisted in JUCO with an intent to declare my eventual major in Student Union. I had a girlfriend named Jann. My life was all sex, drugs, rock ' roll. Nope don't really remember it. But I've read about it.
Glad you enjoyed your youth, as did I. In looking back I have few regrets if only for the fact that it was the only time in life where I had the ability and desire to live in such a fashion. Once college was over I still had my fun but it had to be restrained to some degree (weekend warrior). Then when I hit my 50s I realized I was afraid to get too crazy because I didn't want to die. LOL.

Glad you enjoyed your youth, as did I. In looking back I have few regrets if only for the fact that it was the only time in life where I had the ability and desire to live in such a fashion. Once college was over I still had my fun but it had to be restrained to some degree (weekend warrior). Then when I hit my 50s I realized I was afraid to get too crazy because I didn't want to die. LOL.
Yes Sir, there's about 5 years in my life that I'm still amazed I even lived to tell about it. Interestingly it was my passion for music & audio gear in general & quadraphonic sound in specific that saved me from destruction.

Sometime maybe '73 I was a jobless long hair hippie living in my parents basement (of course). My "quad" system was one 12" full range speaker hooked up in the differential mode to my stereo amp. I wanted more. So I visited a Team Electronics store.

I lusted over thos Akai R2R tape decks with the 4 meters. Oh, those shiny silver face Pioneer quad receivers. The Phillips 212 TT and those Empire speakers that looked like giant salt & pepper shakers. I wanted it all but I had no money.

In my hippie brain I worked out the details of the perfect plan to steal this stuff. Hide away somewhere that wouldn't get checked at store closing. Gather all the goodies at the back door and a cohort pulls up at a pre-arranged time. I should say all this was before motion detection alarms & in store video cameras everywhere. Magnet switches on the doors & silver tape on the windows. A single back alley CCTV camera that could be disabled the day before. Even if the alarm went off while (quick like a bunny rabbit) loading up the vehicle we would be long gone by the time the cops got there.

Reflecting back on this I'm convinced I could have pulled this off. But then while casing the joint, er, store an idea hit me out of the blue. Radical. Maybe I could get a job, earn money, & actually buy this stuff? With a few rough starts I had success the next 25 years working in my chosen field of photography. And I've been spending money on gear & enjoying music ever since that first "real" job.

Wow!....you should be counting your blessings that you're even still with us & can somewhat still communicate coherently, my friend🙂

Last edited:
Back