The Pineapple Thief - It Leads to This (Blu-Ray with 5.1 & Dolby Atmos, out 2/9/24)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pre-ordered the standalone BD at Importcds for $20.25 ($15.78 + shipping & handling). First order of 2024 at a great price! (y)

Personally I hate when they dribble out new albums one song at a time.

Agreed for 2 reasons - I have no self control, and I "have" to listen to them, and 2. when the album only has 8 songs to begin with, come release day, we've already heard 25% of the album.

Last edited:
I see no problems with releasing songs this way, if you don't like it don't listen. ;) I will always listen. Had heard all the songs on the new Peter Gabriel in Atmos before I got the disc, it's still one of my most played discs since I got it. If the music and mix is good enough, it doesn't matter.:)

This way you can listen before buy. ...or you can buy without listen first, and be a whole surprise. Or you can ignore it and not buy.
Many alternatives available ;)
Sure but we all have our own ways..
I always listen to complete albums and will play back the whole the disc on first sit-down. ;)

Link to importcds for the stand alone Blu-ray here - It Leads To This on ImportCDs

Their search engine could use some work, as it does not pop up unless you specifically filter by album, and search for the album title only, ie, not with "pineapple thief" included.

Finally got around to ordering this. importCDs it is....

I'm more in line with @pat bateman . After Closure/Continuation where 57% of album was avaialble prior to release and then during Garbiel's I can only call it a stunt, which I lost interest in, I decided to listen only to the first single. For me having more of the album available before release decreases my enjoyment when the album arrives, there is just that much less to discover or be surprised by when it's finally in my greedy little hands.

Listening and (hopefully) enjoying the first single became my try before you buy and left plenty to discover when the album was actually released, This worked great with Wilson's Harmony Codex and Soord's Luminescence. THC may not be the best example, since it really doesn't lend itself to singles, but I'm working with it. With Luminescence, I enjoyed the bonus disc more than the actual album, I might have been dreading it's arrival if I kept listing to tracks. I think I enjoyed both much more than I had I listened to the singled along the way. I know my enjoyment of them was greater than C/C and I/O.

This works best for artists I know, one song generally isn't enough to get a feel for a group I don't know.

Back