The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My partner captured a dragonfly emerging (molting?) in our pond last weekend, and stayed to watch it stretch out
1000020960.jpg

1000021240.jpg

My partner captured a dragonfly emerging (molting?) in our pond last weekend, and stayed to watch it stretch out
View attachment 106356
View attachment 106357
I had what I think was a male Blue Emperor dragonfly hunting over my pond on Saturday, couldn't get close enough to be sure, followed by what could be either an Azure or Common Blue Damselfly - I've only just got a fair number of plants into the pond in the last few weeks, which they landed on, but very skittish.

View attachment 106356
View attachment 106357
Several years ago (17?) I watched a bunch of cicadas emerging from the ground near an oak tree in my front yard. I made a video of it as it molted and started its journey up the tree.

Dragonflies are a lot prettier.

I got two of them for Christmas, one in the bedroom (pictured) and one I put in the dining room nook. Both look out on the same street but she loves sitting there and judging everyone down below
We purposely bought whole glass storm doors so our cats could simply walk up to them and look outside. We have one that looks out front toward street (their favorite) and another that looks out our back yard/patio.

We purposely bought whole glass storm doors so our cats could simply walk up to them and look outside. We have one that looks out front toward street (their favorite) and another that looks out our back yard/patio.
Ours do the same here's two in the Florida room. thinking we need to bust out of here.

Attachments

• Bust out.jpg
    Bust out.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 0
If he can't be outside, Bailey spends most of his waking hours looking out the front door. He knows all the delivery truck and acts appropriately (as in...like a nut) whenever one stops. He shakes the hell out of that pillow out of frustration of not being able to go out and directly confront them.

082722 Bailey.jpg

View attachment 106376
Mabel loves her window perches!
I built a shelf for a cat to be picked later as part of my wife’s bookshelves when I built out her den. It replaced the original sill, and the cat we picked (or did she pick us?) seems to like it. Next time I have a cat in place and a camera nearby, I’ll snap a pic.

Bodhi got a 5.8 mile hike today at Castlewood Canyon State Park. Lovely, relatively new state park, about an hour drive south of the Denver area.

View attachment 106456
I'm currently in Estes Park for a friend's wedding. The venue, just outside the Rocky Mountain National Park entrance on U.S. Highway 34, had plenty of critters about. I tried to get some pictures of a hummingbird at a feeder with my phone, but neither it nor I were up to the task. Stunning views, though:

IMG_1754.jpeg

IMG_1755.jpeg

Back