The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

So, for those that LOVE locally brewed craft brews (me included) this will come as no surprise. But, it's amazing. Go back how ever many years it was......Sam Adams came into the scene. At least, here in the midwest, it was a shock to our senses. I mean, Drinking a Sam Adams was like a major mind blower. Certainly didn't taste like Busch or Budweiser. I really thought I was on the cutting edge of cool. All the while, thinking......how can I drink this beer at the same rate as my beloved Busch beer?

Fast forward to now. Sam Adams tastes like complete CRAP. Compare their beer to the regional craft brews of today....no comparison. I mean, it's not even close. Can high quality, craft beer of today get even better in the next 15 years? I don't see how that could happen, honestly. I think today, we are having the greatest beers ever brewed........all on a shelf near you.

Sam Adams Octoberfest is my go to beer for making beer cheese with. It used to be Sierra Nevada Tumblr but they stopped making that. :mad:

I remember going to Bells Brewery in the early nineties to drink 'weird beer'. I remember it all being very unique, very different. Very Eccentric.
But I thought Molson Ice at the time was The Beer. Fast forward - there is so much high quality beer being produced by artists - yes artists. The folks
making the wonderful swill are artisans in my eyes. So getting back to Gene's point --can it get better in the next 15 years ? Yes.

Reactions: GOS
Into the hoppier stuff now...

Ex Novo "Pacific Southwest" IPA (6.8% abv, 70 ibu). Citra and El Dorado...clear and crisp. Love the can motif - pine trees and cactus....I bought two 4-packs...might need to get more.
[IMG]

Last can of Bow & Arrow "Cactus Flats - El Dorado" NEIPA (7.5% abv). I'm guessing the next in the series should appear soon? Really liking this new glassware too - hand-blown glass, thick and sturdy, easy to grasp. Not cheap but I'm tempted to buy another more unusual one....
[IMG]
I dig that funky beer glass next to your Cactus Flats brew. How cool. Where you get it??

I dig that funky beer glass next to your Cactus Flats brew. How cool. Where you get it??

I'd love to say I'm not crazy enough to spend $50 on a single glass.....but it is hand-blown, thick and sturdy, and cool...I bought it through "Pretentious Beer Glass" shop on Etsy and have my eyes on one or two other ones. Their shop is temporarily closed as they're so backlogged with orders and need to get caught up....
Formal Ware for Craft Beer Wine Whiskey by PretentiousBeerGlass

Home from another work week...always busy and always just having fun - will be going in tomorrow for 4 or 5 hours too since Mrs D got called in for a shift at the hospital.

First up, a can of "X-IPA v3.2" from local Brew Lab 101. Really good brewer and super nice guy...a home-brew gone pro, won several awards...just the kind of guy you want to see do well, even under the current restrictions.
[IMG]

Then a pour from our keg of Boxing Bear "Headlock Hazy" IPA while I wait for Mrs D to get here with the dinner she's picking up....
[IMG]

Back