The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to score a crappy ticket to tonight's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. This will be the 2nd one I've attended. My seat is in the nosebleed section, but it should be worth it. There will be lots of boring speeches, but there will be some good jamming with Ringo, Paul, Beck, Joan Jett, Bill Withers, Stevie Wonder, Jimmy Vaughn, etc, etc, etc.

Recently saw a few good shows, too: Savoy Brown, Blackberry Smoke (The opener, The Temperance Movement, blew us away), and the Verve Pipe.

Coming up this summer: Jason Bonham, Heart, Nils Lofgren (front row!), Popa Chubby, Hall and Oates, and The Scorpions.

Good times, good times

I managed to score a crappy ticket to tonight's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. This will be the 2nd one I've attended. My seat is in the nosebleed section, but it should be worth it. There will be lots of boring speeches, but there will be some good jamming with Ringo, Paul, Beck, Joan Jett, Bill Withers, Stevie Wonder, Jimmy Vaughn, etc, etc, etc.

Recently saw a few good shows, too: Savoy Brown, Blackberry Smoke (The opener, The Temperance Movement, blew us away), and the Verve Pipe.

Coming up this summer: Jason Bonham, Heart, Nils Lofgren (front row!), Popa Chubby, Hall and Oates, and The Scorpions.

Good times, good times

They finally got around to inducting Stevie Ray Vaughan...about time...even in your nosebleed seats you should be able to hear the boos when Miley Cyrus appears to be the presenter for Joan Jett...one cool thing is Joan will join Tommy James(from the Shondells)to sing Crimson And Clover..both groups had reached #1 with that song...should be a fun night...

They finally got around to inducting Stevie Ray Vaughan...about time...even in your nosebleed seats you should be able to hear the boos when Miley Cyrus appears to be the presenter for Joan Jett...one cool thing is Joan will join Tommy James(from the Shondells)to sing Crimson And Clover..both groups had reached #1 with that song...should be a fun night...

I hadn't heard about the Crimson and Clover jam. Really looking forward to that. And, I forgot to mention Greenday. I'm not a huge fan, but there's no denying their influence on later bands. At least they belong there. Not like the rap bands that don't IMO.

Jimmy Webb supported by Deborah Rose at the St Albans Arena. Phenomenal piano playing and fascinating story telling from Jimmy and Deborah's got a beautiful voice. Great concert all round. (y)

Snood just got back from a WILCO concert at the Hard Rock Live Orlando at Universal Studios City Walk................Simply AWEEEEEEEEEEEESOME - Nels Cline on Guitar is amazing

They played about 2 hours and 30 minutes.............2 encores...............with the last encore being almost a bluegrass set of them sitting in a semi circle playing pretty much bluegrass versions of older Uncle Tupelo (Pre Wilco) songs and newer songs. Great Awesome concert :banana:

Nels Cline is so awesome.............

The band is soooooooooooo tight a true band.

Just got back home 1 AM still stoked. :cool:

Caught Steven Wilson last night in Newark. My first time ever seeing the man. Mind blowing show. Hand.Cannot.Erase was played (almost) in its entirety. Theater had fantastic acoustics. Steven said it was one of the most intimate venues of the tour. (The theater only had 500 seats.) Awesome band, powerful multi-media presentation. I expected Steven to be an intense character but was delighted to see that he's got a great sense of humor. Catch this tour if you can. You won't regret it.

Just got back from a NY/NH/VT trip that included the Albany SW show and I agree it's a beauty to behold. Steven debuted a signature acoustic guitar that night and really engaged with the crowd. I knew that my hard right 4th row seat would have limited view (no Adam and barely Mr. Kilmister) however I had the perfect sight line for Steven, Nick and new drummer Craig with about 50% of the back screen video. The surround speakers were used to great effect and it was entertaining to see the masses get educated to the possibilities of surround music mixing live.

No spoilers from me until maybe after the tour is completed. Next stop is Chicago with my son on June 5th and once more in Portland for June 16th show with a Facebook musician buddy I'm meeting for the first time. BTW - I have had half a dozen of these FB friend meet ups in my travels this year and its been a blast every time.

Respecting the rules at the Steven Wilson concert - I only took before and after shots in Albany NY on May 21st: [the Merch table, my seat and one of the post show exit music slides at the stage]

IMG_2543.jpg IMG_2545.jpg IMG_2546.jpg

I meant to offer these UK 2015 Final Tour photos with John and Eddie sooner; I saw at item on Facebook today that my bass hero John Wetton is now recovering from having a malignant mass removed:

IMG_2361.jpg IMG_2363.jpg

Caught Steven Wilson last night in Newark. My first time ever seeing the man. Mind blowing show. Hand.Cannot.Erase was played (almost) in its entirety. Theater had fantastic acoustics. Steven said it was one of the most intimate venues of the tour. (The theater only had 500 seats.) Awesome band, powerful multi-media presentation. I expected Steven to be an intense character but was delighted to see that he's got a great sense of humor. Catch this tour if you can. You won't regret it.

I'm envious. I saw the previous night's show in Harrisburg where he played the two PT songs he's been doing on this tour (Lazarus and Sleep Together). But you also got How Is Your Life Today and Trains. But I'm not complaining. I also saw the Raven show and this had that beat hands down.

Snood just got back from a WILCO concert at the Hard Rock Live Orlando at Universal Studios City Walk................Simply AWEEEEEEEEEEEESOME - Nels Cline on Guitar is amazing

They played about 2 hours and 30 minutes.............2 encores...............with the last encore being almost a bluegrass set of them sitting in a semi circle playing pretty much bluegrass versions of older Uncle Tupelo (Pre Wilco) songs and newer songs. Great Awesome concert :banana:

Nels Cline is so awesome.............

The band is soooooooooooo tight a true band.

Just got back home 1 AM still stoked. :cool:

Wilco is amazing Live! Saw them for The Whole Love and Sky Blue Sky Tours. Would love to hear Sky Blue Sky in surround! Have you heard Jeff Tweedy's solo album? If so, how does it compare to Wilco?

Just checked on the Steven Wilson show at The Wiltern in LA on June 13th, and a bunch of new seats were released (originally, I was going by myself and sitting in the mezzanine; now my son and I will be sitting in the second row!!) I've got a free solo ticket to the upper mezzanine section if anyone in the area wants it.

Saw Steven Wilson last night in Greensburg (near Pittsburgh), second row center in a small venue. Sadly no one here on the QQF claimed our extra ticket from our giveaway.

Jaw-dropping astounding show! Some of the older songs inserted disrupted the flow of the new album, which for me is a very cohesive set of songs. But that's my only quibble. I wonder if he's reached his pinnacle with HCE... Anyway, not to be missed!

Back