The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Number 11 has been announced; a British group called Suede. I only order those that actually appeal to me. I won't waste money on something that I'm either not familiar with, or just don't care about. But I'll jump on the ones that do float my boat.
One of my first albums as a child was Suede on cassette, bought for me for Christmas and played on a really cheap portable cassette recorder. Thankfully I no longer have either of them.

EDIT: I appear to have memory failure. I could have sworn Suede was from the 1970s but apparently the debut album was from 1993. I guess if I actually still had that cassette I'd know what band it was.

Last edited:
One of my first albums as a child was Suede on cassette, bought for me for Christmas and played on a really cheap portable cassette recorder. Thankfully I no longer have either of them.

EDIT: I appear to have memory failure. I could have sworn Suede was from the 1970s but apparently the debut album was from 1993. I guess if I actually still had that cassette I'd know what band it was.
Are you thinking of Slade?

I'm the same. I pre-ordered the Tubular Bells and now wondering why I did.
I'll listen to it a couple times maybe but that is it. I got the 2003 multich
release here and listened to it once, maybe. LOL
I'm 73 and on retirement income and need to be a bit more choosy on my expenditures.

I bought the SDE release because all I have of Tubular Bells is the grizzle sounding Dolby Digital 5.1. And this one is Atmos.

Maybe, you’re thinking of Slade or The Sweet?

I'm skipping this one; not really a big Suede fan.

I wish I could remember. I'm 57, I hope it's not signs of early onset something. I know I had a Showaddywaddy cassette (that I actually asked for!) but this was a different one.
Do you remember any of the songs from it...?...any of the lyrics?

Number 11 has been announced; a British group called Suede. I only order those that actually appeal to me. I won't waste money on something that I'm either not familiar with, or just don't care about. But I'll jump on the ones that do float my boat.
I’m interested in the Suede one, though I’m limited in my knowledge of them. They’re sort of Britpop’s throwback to early Roxy Music/early 70’s David Bowie/70’s glitter-glam rock era, potentially a great surround experience.

I’m not -all- in, I wasn’t interested in Gilbert O’Sullivan. But they’ve been on a run of albums that interest me lately. I skipped the Concert For George album as I have a Blu-ray video of it and can’t imagine spending a lot of time on it, but I enjoyed the Eno and Ten Years After discs and have been on board for Dylan, Tears For Fears’ “The Hurting”, Oldfield and now Suede. Very happy they’re doing it and wish I’d known from the first one.

#6.5: Various Artists / Concert for George
I got the 2003 multich
release here and listened to it once, maybe. LOL
Is that the 2003 rerecording? Because if so, the two versions of the album have a pretty different feel. I find the 2003 too clinical (have it on CD). Obviously Mike was a big originator of the New Age genre, but the original has a rough edge that's just missing in the remake.

I think I need to relisten to that Suede album before committing to this one. My sister was a big fan back in the 90s, but they never really grabbed my attention at the time.

Now, if they wanted to go 90s Brit, I would be all over a surround mix of Supergrass "In It For the Money" or my all-time holy grail album for a surround mix: Spiritualized's "Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space."

LMAO, that's what I was thinking...
I didn’t know who Slade was, I had a BBQ on evening in Chandlers Ford area and my colleague turn up with some old long haired men who introduced themselves. Latter I made a cheeky comment they reminded me of Rod Stewart and Rolling Stones and them they told me they were in a band called Slade. I was embarrassed when they started telling me their song names and didn’t know any of them. They were in the are playing at a nearby manor house concert. We had lots of fun that night. One thing I remember I did was introduce them to 5.1 SACD. This must have been 2001 or 2002.

I did see The Suede in London at a private gig when I worked for Virgin. They were really impressive. The song Saturday Night was a hit at the time.

I think I need to relisten to that Suede album before committing to this one. My sister was a big fan back in the 90s, but they never really grabbed my attention at the time.

Now, if they wanted to go 90s Brit, I would be all over a surround mix of Supergrass "In It For the Money" or my all-time holy grail album for a surround mix: Spiritualized's "Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space."
Saw Supergrass at Glastonbury on the Pyramid Stage, thinking was 98. My first Supergrass live experience. Tricky followed. Both were awesome, as too were the hash muffins. Lol. I remember next day still baked in the healing fields getting an Indian head massage lol.

I did a brief listen and found out that it wasn’t my taste. Color me dis-sueded. As always, YMMV. I’m sincerely happy for those QQers who enjoy the music.
Clever Doc, very clever. Yes, I'm also happy for our QQers. And I still am here on bended knee begging for someone to release Blue Jays, Sundown, etc, etc, etc.

Yes Ive tried a little listening I may be skipping this too but happy for whoever gets it.
Im not really digging the new Hawkwind box set their change of style does not appeal to me although the remixes on the bluray are excellent. Perhaps it will grow on me.
I have several box sets on my shelves I do not pull out to listen to dont want to add more.

Back