The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wont be ordering Suede, I hate the cars and all that punk rock scene. Horrible week for prog rockers, big fiasco with Camel, and Sinclair wont put out his own cousins music.:D

I am bummed I missed the Ten Years After release. I see the stock Suede CD all the time in thrift stores for a buck and never bring it home. I can’t see myself all of a sudden liking this album.

If I miss Lexicon Of Love, I will shoot my own foot! I salivate for a release of that.
It has been announced at SDE that there will be a second run of 1000 of the Ten Years After release.

I did a brief listen and found out that it wasn’t my taste. Color me dis-sueded. As always, YMMV. I’m sincerely happy for those QQers who enjoy the music.
Suede is an acquired taste. I moved to England in 95, worked for Virgin and was exposed to lots of new styles like The Suede, Beautiful South, Pulp, Manic Street Preachers, Stereophonics, to name a few that I’d never heard of in Australia. This was before the internet. We put on the first Virgin festivals in 95, it was so much fun, got to spend time with Jarvis Cocker and my new hero Paul Weller. If you’re reading this and new heard of Stanley Road, listen to that Album. Especially driving. That’s a desert island album for me. I was in the recording studios at Branson’s place as the final mixing was happening and I knew I was witnessing something truly phenomenal. The album stayed in the UK top 10 for over a year but barely sold outside. I can’t wait for the Atmos mix of Stanley Road! Paul Weller performant at V95 in Chelmsford with guest Noel Gallagher was fantastic. Blah blah blah. When I was a young lad …

Suede is an acquired taste. I moved to England in 95, worked for Virgin and was exposed to lots of new styles like The Suede, Beautiful South, Pulp, Manic Street Preachers, Stereophonics, to name a few that I’d never heard of in Australia. This was before the internet. We put on the first Virgin festivals in 95, it was so much fun, got to spend time with Jarvis Cocker and my new hero Paul Weller. If you’re reading this and new heard of Stanley Road, listen to that Album. Especially driving. That’s a desert island album for me. I was in the recording studios at Branson’s place as the final mixing was happening and I knew I was witnessing something truly phenomenal. The album stayed in the UK top 10 for over a year but barely sold outside. I can’t wait for the Atmos mix of Stanley Road! Paul Weller performant at V95 in Chelmsford with guest Noel Gallagher was fantastic. Blah blah blah. When I was a young lad …

Stereophonics are an under-loved band

I’ve only purchased a couple of the SDE releases. Sorry, but I’m no longer purchasing discs that’ll just sit there after a single play, if that.

Here is my list so far:

Tear For Fears - The Tipping Point (unopened)
Ten Years After - A Space In Time (unopened)
Tears For Fears - The Hurting (future release)

What was the fiasco with Camel? I was super pumped at the box set announcement; I guess I missed something?
A couple of online retailers jumped the gun, listed the set with a May release date, took pre-orders (at very attractive prices) for a few days, then walked it back. It's now looking like the release date will be August instead.

A couple of online retailers jumped the gun, listed the set with a May release date, took pre-orders (at very attractive prices) for a few days, then walked it back. It's now looking like the release date will be August instead.
Ah, OK - thanks for that, I ordered through JPC and didn’t get any kind of update on it after the fact.

I’ve only purchased a couple of the SDE releases. Sorry, but I’m no longer purchasing discs that’ll just sit there after a single play, if that.

Here is my list so far:

Tear For Fears - The Tipping Point (unopened)
Ten Years After - A Space In Time (unopened)
Tears For Fears - The Hurting (future release)
Why unopened? The Tear For Fears- The Tipping Point is very good. I've bought the ones where I like both music and Atmos mix. Skipped Gilbert and the Sisters because I don't like the music and Bob Dylan because the mix was no good.

Why unopened? The Tear For Fears- The Tipping Point is very good. I've bought the ones where I like both music and Atmos mix. Skipped Gilbert and the Sisters because I don't like the music and Bob Dylan because the mix was no good.
I just never opened it. I played the Atmos version a couple of times off Apple Music when I had that streaming service and haven’t been in a rush to listen to it again. If you only knew how many unopened items I have in my music collection. For the past 8 months alone, I’ve become more of a music collector than a music listener.

I just never opened it. I played the Atmos version a couple of times off Apple Music when I had that streaming service and haven’t been in a rush to listen to it again. If you only knew how many unopened items I have in my music collection. For the past 8 months alone, I’ve become more of a music collector than a music listener.
But Perp, listening to the actual disc is far more preferable than streaming! Crack open those superb sounding BD~As ..... and you will note the superiority of 24bit/48kHz!!!!!!!

But Perp, listening to the actual disc is far more preferable than streaming! Crack open those superb sounding BD~As ..... and you will note the superiority of 24bit/48kHz!!!!!!!
More likely the issue with the streaming version is the Atmos height channels are lossy compressed as I understand it.

I open , mine and listen to them.
And I haven't purchased too many.

I support what SDE is doing and will continue too.

I won't support "streaming services" because I don't want them to become the new norm.
NOT to mention the 'rental' mentality and compression codecs of MOST streaming services. Owning the REAL DEAL, IMO, is MUCH MORE preferable!

Until internet bandwidth is significantly increased, streaming is great for previewing but is still not indicative of what a BD~A can actually sound like!

Back