Tim Bowness "Stupid Things That Mean The World" to include 5.1 download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darn, well, I still didn't get any email from BS about the links....only the original email saying the disc had been shipped (with some sort of postcard). Not sure I care about a postcard...

DOH!!! I found it.....like Adam...mine was in a different email folder. Mine was in one called....

MUSIC PURCHASES!!!! Should have looked there first... lol

:yikes

Darn, well, I still didn't get any email from BS about the links....only the original email saying the disc had been shipped (with some sort of postcard). Not sure I care about a postcard...

DOH!!! I found it.....like Adam...mine was in a different email folder. Mine was in one called....

MUSIC PURCHASES!!!! Should have looked there first... lol

:yikes

Send me a postcard, drop me a line.. stating points of view..! :D

Those bloody folders! Grr..!! :mad:

What's wrong with just an Inbox? I have one physical mail box for letters and parcels (lots of those go thru it, of all shapes and sizes as you can imagine.. and it all works itself out!).

Here's one problem I have (among many) with computers and the Internet and stuff - and why I doubt I will ever be able to truly ditch physical discs for music, games and movies, unless I'm absolutely forced into it and there's no alternative = it's all so unnecessarily complicated..!! iTunes et al simplify it (needs to be idiot proof for me) and that's why they have succeeded (relatively speaking) where so many others have failed.

Its a surprise to me no-one's still delivered a Hi-Res Surround iTunes type solution that "just works".. I quite thought it would've happened by now..

so what's the verdict? good or bad mix?

Much better than previous Soord's efforts. TPT live album was just meh, Katatonia Sanctitude was so and so and I can say I like a lot this one. From the drums in the initial track well spread between fronts and rears to the duelling guitar solos front and back on Sing to Me.
Let's see how far my family lets me listen to it now before complaining...

I had a second listen and I can second Cesar's opinion. This is more like it :) On tracks with backing vocals, those are nicely placed in the rear speakers for example. This album will get repeated listens to discover what is going on.

Listening now in 5.1

A real nice sound...certainly reminds me a lot of No-Sound...which isn't surprising :) So far, I love the song Where You've Always Been. Really simple and the vocals are firm and easy to hear. At other moments, in other songs the vocals fight for space (occasionally) with instruments...but as far as I recall, that is typical of No Sound.

Very pleased so far....No Sound fans will be happy I think. Either way, the 5.1 is good. Well worth the price of the CD....

On a side note - I didn't know that Tim Bowness co-founded Burning Shed....

Listening now in 5.1

A real nice sound...certainly reminds me a lot of No-Sound...which isn't surprising :) So far, I love the song Where You've Always Been. Really simple and the vocals are firm and easy to hear. At other moments, in other songs the vocals fight for space (occasionally) with instruments...but as far as I recall, that is typical of No Sound.

Very pleased so far....No Sound fans will be happy I think. Either way, the 5.1 is good. Well worth the price of the CD....

On a side note - I didn't know that Tim Bowness co-founded Burning Shed....

I think I'll take back my comment about vocals fighting for space. I noticed it a couple times in first couple songs during louder instrumentation...but not really much in most other songs. So...vocals are strong, firm in front. I'd say this sounds really excellent. Moody, dreamy...dark sometimes. Good....

I have been unable to get HD Audio Solo Ultra to produce a DVD-Audio .ISO file from the STTMTW .FLACs. I burn the .ISO to disc then when I try to play it, I get unknown disc on my Denon. Very strange I've produced .ISOs before from .FLACs with no issue, could it be because HD Audio reports it as 6 channel 24bit @ 44kHz I wonder? Anybody else had any issues?

I have been unable to get HD Audio Solo Ultra to produce a DVD-Audio .ISO file from the STTMTW .FLACs. I burn the .ISO to disc then when I try to play it, I get unknown disc on my Denon. Very strange I've produced .ISOs before from .FLACs with no issue, could it be because HD Audio reports it as 6 channel 24bit @ 44kHz I wonder? Anybody else had any issues?

Sorry my man - I just took the FLAC files and drug them to a memory stick and playing it through my Oppo.

Hi Duncan, I have saved the FLAC files on my NAS, but I can try to create an ISO with HD Audio. I will get back to you later today, otherwise tomorrow.

Hi Duncan, I have saved the FLAC files on my NAS, but I can try to create an ISO with HD Audio. I will get back to you later today, otherwise tomorrow.

Thanks that would be great. I have to produce a disc as neither my Pioneer SC-LX86 Amp or Denon DBP-2012UD Player will do 5.1 FLAC - which is very irritating considering how much they were! My PCs Windows also did an update so that could also be a potential problem, that has introduced bugs before.

Umm.. (get ready for some annoying questions!) I'm happy to play them on the computer but.. can I burn the Flac files to a disc so I can play them in 5.1 on my BD player also?

My BR player has a Memory stick port I just put them on the stick and the FLAC file play fine form it.

I finally bought something that did more than I originally expected

Thanks that would be great. I have to produce a disc as neither my Pioneer SC-LX86 Amp or Denon DBP-2012UD Player will do 5.1 FLAC - which is very irritating considering how much they were! My PCs Windows also did an update so that could also be a potential problem, that has introduced bugs before.
I tried wo different things. Direct to Disc and Save to ISO and burn the ISO with ImgBurn.

Both discs play fine in the Oppo. I did not add any menu pictures or changed any settings in Cirlinca. Are your settings the standard?

Back