Tim Bowness "Stupid Things That Mean The World" to include 5.1 download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very torn on getting this release, simply because I'm constantly running out of physical space for discs, so I want to save room for surround discs as there are many that are probably coming over the next 6 months or so.
But I do want to hear this mix and see how Tim is away from Steven.

Decisions, Decisions...

Today is the release day right? (I got my shipping notice a couple of days ago). Has anyone received download instructions?

Burning Shed tweeted this earlier today:

We will be sending Tim Bowness download codes *after* 4pm today. Order before 4pm UK time today to get one.

So it's apparently after 4pm today, so those of you who ordered should be receiving download codes soon.

I also received ship notice, but no instructions how I will get the 5.1 download. I'm also curious...

Got my download instructions 30 minutes ago. In fact I'm already listening to it! So far, so good!

Download link cam via mail direct from Burning Shed, I've downloaded but not had a chance to listen yet

Thanks for the feedback :upthumb Good to know its all happening! :eek:
(I was beginning to mildly panic! Not complaining at all but I hate downloads like this, mainly cos I'm such a techno Luddite but also because I love the physical product and prefer something tangible.. anyway I digress at least we are getting new music in 5.1, it's getting to the point where I don't care what format it comes on.. So long as it's not Betamax I'm pretty much covered..! anyhoo.. I've emailed Burning Shed to see what's goin' onnnn..!) :D

It was in my sodding Junk folder all the time (thanks Hotmail..!!) which I can't access from the phone or iPad (which is how I do 90% of all this stuff now).. Dammit Janet!! I've just sent Burning Shed an apology! :eek:

Downloading the Zip file now.. If I get any problems I'll drop you a PM, Robert! :D

BS will sort it out for you Adam. From a technical point of view, this is very easy. It is just a zip file will all flac files. Unzip and tag the files to your liking and put them on your NAS, (or pc etc) and play :)

Umm.. (get ready for some annoying questions!) I'm happy to play them on the computer but.. can I burn the Flac files to a disc so I can play them in 5.1 on my BD player also?

Umm.. (get ready for some annoying questions!) I'm happy to play them on the computer but.. can I burn the Flac files to a disc so I can play them in 5.1 on my BD player also?

Hi Adam,

It depends, does your your player support flac files? If so, just drag and drop the files to a blank DVD and they should play.

If it does not support native flac... You'll have to create a dvd-a from the flacs, which is not that easy

Hi Adam,

It depends, does your your player support flac files? If so, just drag and drop the files to a blank DVD and they should play.

If it does not support native flac... You'll have to create a dvd-a from the flacs, which is not that easy

I will try it out on the BDP next week. Thank you so much! (y)

Back