"Toe Fat" through VM

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Led9

This is an obscure one, but try listening to the first Toe Fat LP through VarioMatrix and be blown away. Amazing discrete separation. I like to use this one to show off what the VM can do, although everyone usually asks "who the hell is Toe Fat." Toe Fat was the band that included Ken Hensley and Lee Kerslake prior to Ken forming Uriah Heep. Although Ken is known for playing organ in Heep, he plays all the guitar parts on this and shows himself to be a very accomplished rock guitarist. Decent songwriting as well. As an added bonus, if you're familiar with this LP you probably know it has one of the most bizarre Hipnosis covers ever done.

Rick

Wow, I remember seeing the picture in question; yeah, it's mighty weird. I want to say I saw it on an inner sleeve as they were on the same label that the Pretty Things were at one point (Rare Earth) and I have the Pretties' LPs. Interesting to know about the Uriah Heep connection; I'll have to check 'em out.

Back