Quantcast

Ultravox "Vienna" (Steven Wilson 5.1 remix in October!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

sjcorne

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Finally got my copy from Amazon UK earlier today (ordered almost a month ago). I can't get over how amazing this mix is! One of Steven Wilson's very best efforts, in my opinion. It almost feels like a fun '70s quad mix at times with instruments frequently swirling around the room or hard-panned into one of the rear speakers. There's some inspired use of the phantom rear center position throughout the album with synth and vocal lines sneaking up right behind your head. Even the songs I wasn't really crazy about ("Mr. X", "Western Promise", "Vienna") are much more enjoyable in this surround mix. My only minor critique so far is that the center channel comes off a bit too loud at times, but it's really not that big a deal. Crank this!

MrSmithers

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Man I just love this album and mix. I voted a 10 in the poll. It really is cool!

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but I'd absolutely love a SW multichannel mix of Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle... Been watching the TV show Mindhunter on Netflix and they featured M.E. as a closing track - it sounded epic!

I know SW has been doing some stuff in lockdown so some more synth pop like this would be brill. I don't know where my head would be if I heard a great mix of that?! :phones

marpow

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
My final post here, I ordered this box set 2 months ago from Amazon US just to get an email a few days ago saying unavailable, thanks to svengaleekie, for pointing me to Burning Shed, ordered on Monday and shipped yesterday, that's good.
England to California I am guessing I'll get end of next week. I couldn't pass this up as some reviewers call this the best of 2020.