Van Halen Mobile Fidelity SACDs now available for pre-orders

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeffie, you have such a good line of BS, I would believe ANYTHING ........ So MoFi is MD's sister company .... O BROTHER! When I used to order merchandise from MD, I would always receive further discounts and they'd throw in a couple of MoFi Stereo SACDs for free which leads me to believe, I have a better line of BS than even the Canuck now living in NO MASK required Governor Abbott's sunshine state [of CHAOS]!

R.76738cc60a84e3752750f9ff60fbcfdf

Hey, Governor Abbott ...🎶ain't NO SUNSHINE ...WHEN YOU'RE GONE!🎶
Unless, something has changed, Jim Davis, the owner of Music Direct, (rescued) purchased MoFi back in 1999.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Fidelity_Sound_Lab

Perp, thanks for clarifying that. Thought so. And I have a correction to make ..... Ron DeSantis is the Governor of Florida, MM's home state, NOT ABBOTT!
Well when I called and asked about a few things that’s what they told me…..so again as I stated recently ALL LIES!!! Can’t trust anyone!!

Well when I called and asked about a few things that’s what they told me…..so again as I stated recently ALL LIES!!! Can’t trust anyone!!

But it makes perfect sense, Jeff. Just as Analogue Productions is owned by Acoustic Sounds, MoFi which is basically just a reissue company specializing in Vinyl and SACDs cannot survive in this economic climate without the financial backing of Music Direct which sells high end audiophile merchandise!

Nothing to get 'riled' about, Sweet Cheeks!!

Last edited:
But it makes perfect sense, Jeff. Just as Analogue Productions is owned by Acoustic Sounds, MoFi which is basically just a reissue company specializing in Vinyl and SACDs cannot survive in this economic climate without the financial backing of Music Direct which sells high end audiophile merchandise!

Nothing to get 'riled' about, Sweet Cheeks!!
Then why not just be open about it when asked….it not being forthright or honest, and if that’s the case what can you call it other than lies?

This is so exciting, definitely in for the debut, Fair Warning and 1984. Anyone know the best site to buy MOFI SACD’s as well as the other companies that are doing them, can’t think of any names right now… I’m in Canada, would MusicDirect be the cheapest route?

This is so exciting, definitely in for the debut, Fair Warning and 1984. Anyone know the best site to buy MOFI SACD’s as well as the other companies that are doing them, can’t think of any names right now… I’m in Canada, would MusicDirect be the cheapest route?
I always buy from MOFI direct, they tend to be heavy handed with there shipping charges. do a test on there site and order something to see what they will charge you, then of course don't order.
Not that anybody gives a fuck except me but you do get lower numbers when ordering from them, no hassles, super fast delivery.

I have been on the fence about ordering these when they are released. The HDTracks versions that I own, all of them are just plain real good, this would be a set up for me to double dip. Only getting the mini cardboard LP's.

Now, I said that about Jeff Beck's-Truth, and the MOFI was in fact much better than the HDTracks, so knowing me I'll probably get the Van Halen's.

A response on MoFi's Twitter about this some weeks back indicated that these would come throughout 2023.

I’m assuming it will be like the Eagles titles... two at a time. But that part is just a guess.

Warning - Off Topic rant:

Vinyl? What's that? What recording studio today records to analog? Nobody. And how long before those "tapes" disintegrate to dust? Now! Get those analog tapes transferred to DSD ASAP!

Buy a SACD.

https://www.engadget.com/how-to-survive-the-inevitable-cd-revival-130013506.htmlhttps://www.classicrockhistory.com/why-basic-music-cds-will-become-collectors-items/

Last edited:
I pre-ordered 1984 on Jan 30 2022. Cancelled the pre-order on Jan 30 2023 because I thought one year wait was a bit ridiculous. Sounds like it is still not available.

Back