Van Morrison - then Fleetwood Mac?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I posted my thoughts a box sets at amazon and got this back:

Wow, this release certainly blindsided me. It seems Warner has been holding out on remasters for many albums they have control over up to this point. In addition to Moondance, Fleetwood Mac's Then Play On is also coming out in remastered form around the same time; Its been available as a rather poor sounding CD as the conventional version since the mid 1980s.

anyone hear anything on this?

It looks like its a 4 cd set...original run order + Green Manalishi and World in Harmony singles, discs 2 and 3 are eps and outtakes, and disc 4 is a live show from Stockholm. No mention of dvds or multichannel anything.....

It looks like its a 4 cd set...original run order + Green Manalishi and World in Harmony singles, discs 2 and 3 are eps and outtakes, and disc 4 is a live show from Stockholm. No mention of dvds or multichannel anything.....

well that suks. I thought we were in for something good.
I guess I'll have to stick with my dvd a and my dvd "The Dance" pretty good show. I bought a ticket to FM long time ago but the show was cancelled and never did rescedule

THEN PLAY ON always suffered from excessive tape hiss and some dubious mixing, although it has some mighty good qualities, being that Peter Green was still with the group. "Oh Well" was never mixed in stereo, though word is Part 1 was some years ago, although I've yet to hear it. A collection well remastered and including all tracks from the two US editions of the album, plus singles and sundry, would be worthwhile, but can't imagine it would be remixed to 5.1, doesn't seem like it has that kind of potential.

ED :)

The best we can hope for is their self-titled L.P. and Tusk in 5.1, which are supposedly in the can. A few more years and they'll be eligible for 40th anniversary treatments. I hope I can still hear by then.

Back