Various Albums 50th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this ad from HDtracks come through my email for the Stones; since we haven't heard anything about a super expensive Atmos box set, I guess it's a no go for hoping for a surround mix :censored:

50 YEARS OF STICKY FINGERS
Sticky Fingers (Remastered)
THE ROLLING STONES
24bit

50 years ago this week The Rolling Stones released Sticky Fingers. The album was an immediate smash hit upon it's release, topping charts and influencing culture around the world. Now considered one of the band's crowning achievements, Sticky Fingers has gotten a fresh 24-bit Hi-Res makeover, allowing audiophile fans to hear the Stones with crisper and more detailed sound than ever before.

Just saw this ad from HDtracks come through my email for the Stones; since we haven't heard anything about a super expensive Atmos box set, I guess it's a no go for hoping for a surround mix :censored:

50 YEARS OF STICKY FINGERS
Sticky Fingers (Remastered)
THE ROLLING STONES
24bit

50 years ago this week The Rolling Stones released Sticky Fingers. The album was an immediate smash hit upon it's release, topping charts and influencing culture around the world. Now considered one of the band's crowning achievements, Sticky Fingers has gotten a fresh 24-bit Hi-Res makeover, allowing audiophile fans to hear the Stones with crisper and more detailed sound than ever before.
:eek: 50 years ago, suddenly the bands name strikes in a different way, I think I've gathered more than a little moss! Next to Goats head soup this is my next favourite Stones album

It seems not too long ago we went through a spate of 50th Anniversary re-releases. Another year, another bunch of albums turning 50. Interesting to me is that most of these are not the artists/bands first albums:

View attachment 61292
All I have to say is compare that list of incredible music to the drivel that passes for popular music today. Dayuuuummmm!!!!

Not from 1970 but from 1969. I watched the Danish film "Another Round" last night and they have a scene where they play on the turntable Cissy Strut by The Meters. I never heard that song before, it was so great, I had to read the credits to find out what it was.
Anybody have any good direction for The Meters? I see HDTracks sells there catalog in 16bit.
R-6123023-1411638631-3923.jpeg.jpg

Not from 1970 but from 1969. I watched the Danish film "Another Round" last night and they have a scene where they play on the turntable Cissy Strut by The Meters. I never heard that song before, it was so great, I had to read the credits to find out what it was.
Anybody have any good direction for The Meters? I see HDTracks sells there catalog in 16bit.
View attachment 66592
YouTube is always worth checking:

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=The+meters+band

View attachment 66592
The Meters Anthology: Funkify Your Life (2 CDs)

View attachment 66592
Cissy Strut is the archetype of a funk bass line, and a serious contender for the best funk bass line in history!
That is all you need to know about the Meters :)

Cissy Strut is the archetype of a funk bass line, and a serious contender for the best funk bass line in history!
That is all you need to know about the Meters :)
By the way, in all its beautiful simplicity, usually wrongly played in the thousands of cover versions.
Here is a video by George Porter Jr setting the record straight:

As I've mentioned before, the streaming choices at my home is pretty slim. The series below makes me really wish I had Apple TV+. Does anyone know if content there is streamed or shared elsewhere?

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/may/22/asif-kapadia-1971-music-documentary-apple-tv

Not yet--but my son bought a new iPhone (the cheapest available model, thank god) and got a year's Apple TV+ sub thrown in, so we've been binge-watching this. It's mesmerizing, and really well done.
https://www.apple.com/tv-pr/news/20...-1971-the-year-that-music-changed-everything/

Back