What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of stuff...but I'm wondering about Hackney Diamonds. Pre-ordered from importCD and they still show 10/27 release date. They do call it an import, so hopefully they have their pile ready to ship.

Still waiting on America-Holiday and Gordon Lightfoot-Sundown Quadios,if I am understanding USPS Informed Delivery they are here in my local post office so maybe today!?!
Also, King Crimson-Lark’s Tongues in Aspic from Burning Shed shipped, and just got notice from Racket Records, Marillion’s store, that my pre-order of the repress of Clutching at Straws shipped but not Misplaced Childhood! So those will all be a while before I see them here in the states.
As for the future, looking forward to Over-Nite Sensation sometime in November!
Got my latest Rhino 4 pack yesterday and all were undamaged in perfect condition!

Waiting on Rick Wright Wet Dream Blu Ray, Van Morrison Moondance Blu Ray, Frank Zappa Over-Nite Sensation, Nektar Remember the Future 50th, The Yes Album Atmos, Thin Lizzy Vagabonds of the Western World stand alone Blu Ray, Camel Air Born boxset and Peter Gabriel I/O Blu Ray. I should get the King Crimson Larks 50th today.

I don’t imagine anything major will be announced with a release date before the end of the year, so I think I’m going to coast into the new year with very few surround titles left in 2023...

Yes (November)
Santana (November)
Camel boxset (December)
Peter Gabriel (December)
Van Morrison (December)

I’m already looking forward to what surprises we’ll get in 2024.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Santana’s Welcome just to the list this morning. Don’t know if that would be considered a “major” title, but I’m majorly excited.

Last edited:
Welcome - Santana Japan Quad SACD

This album was major when it was released. Went gold quickly. Bought the Q8 first day on the street, also 2ch LP, SQ (1st press, gold & white Quad label), Expanded CD, and UK 2 CD (w/Santana/Buddy Miles Live)

Great mix and performance. One of my fave Santana albums! Solid 10.

John McLaughlin, Leon Thomas, Flora Purim all guest.

YOU NEED IT!

another selection I just ordered -

AN HOUR BEFORE IT'S DARK
LIVE IN PORT ZELANDE 2023
BLU-RAY
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ITEM IS A PRE-ORDER
£25.00 (INC. UK VAT) / £20.83 (EX. VAT)

ADD TO BASKET
Please note that this item is a pre-order, we hope to have copies by 13th November and will despatch them ASAP after we receive our stock.

Please also note this is the release of the Saturday night plus half of the Sunday night show. The release of Friday night and the other half of Sunday night will follow next year.

On the weekend of 17th March 2023, thousands of Marillion fans travelled from over 45 different countries around the world for the 21st Anniversary of the Marillion Weekends and the first Port Zelande Weekend for four years.

The centrepiece of the Weekend was the definitive live performance of the critically acclaimed album “An Hour Before It’s Dark”. Featuring special guests, incredible visuals and a captivating light show, this unique event was filmed in a newly reconfigured, custom built venue.

16 page booklet.

1xBD50 Disc, Worldwide Play (Region All), frame rate 29.97fps
96/24 PCM Stereo / DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround

Last edited:
I just ordered the Camel box set, it will be the most expensive set I've ever bought, but I'm getting 5 albums in surround and a few CDs I'll probably never listen to. Here's my Camel on vinyl, I know I'm missing some but I do have a representation of those.
20231103_073312~2.jpg

heavy update, this doesn't even include Big Finish or an Inter Milan order I put in; maybe I should stop shopping this week.
Surround
Nick Cave & THe Bad Seeds, The Good Son
Cyan, Pictures From The Other Side
Duran Duran Danse Macabre
Peter Gabriel i/o
Van Morrison, Moondance
Prince Diamonds and Pearls
REM, Up
The Rolling Stones, Hackney Diamonds
Thin Lizzy, Vagabonds of the Western World
Richard Wright, Wet Dream
Frank Zappa, Over-Nite Sensation

Stereo
The Defiant, If Were Really Being Honest
Judas Priest, Invincible Shield
Marillion, Breaking Records
Marillion, Live In Port Zelande 2023 - An Hour Before It's Dark
Marillion, Brave Live 2013
New Model Army, Sinfonia
Porcupine Tree, Closure/Continuation Live
Devin Townsend, Z2
Devin Townsend Ziltoid: Live At The Royal Albert Hall
Devin Townsend, Infinity (25th Anniversary Edition)

heavy update, this doesn't even include Big Finish or an Inter Milan order I put in; maybe I should stop shopping this week.
Surround
Peter Gabriel i/o
Van Morrison, Moondance
REM, Up

Stereo
New Model Army, Sinfonia
Devin Townsend, Z2
Ka-Ching! Seriously though, it would probably take me 3 months to listen to that many discs twice through, and that doesn’t take into account discs with 5.1 AND Dolby Atmos mixes. Makes me think of @DuncanS and his practically floor to ceiling stack of unplayed boxes. Still, a nice problem to have. Happy listening!

Surround
Peter Gabriel i/o
Van Morrison, Moondance
REM, Up

Stereo
New Model Army, Sinfonia
Devin Townsend, Z2
You didn't go for a Porcupine Tree, Closure/Continuation Live surround option? surely you did!

Ka-Ching! Seriously though, it would probably take me 3 months to listen to that many discs twice through, and that doesn’t take into account discs with 5.1 AND Dolby Atmos mixes. Makes me think of @DuncanS and his practically floor to ceiling stack of unplayed boxes. Still, a nice problem to have. Happy listening!
Even as I play them the mountain grows - no erosion in the house!

Things have really got out of hand this montho_O adding to the madness that's already happening:rolleyes:

In surround:
Frank Zappa - Overnite Sensation
Nektar - Remember the Future
Thin Lizzy - Vagabonds....
Trevor Horn - Echoes: Ancient & Modern
Cyan - Pictures From the Other Side
Van morrison - Moondance
Peter Gabriel - IO
Soft Cell - Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret
Yes - The Yes Album (again)
U2 - Under a Blood Red Sky DVD
Camel - Air Born Box:eek:
Santana - Welcome
Santana - Caravanserai
Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation Live

Stereo:
Judas Priest - Invincible Deluxe
Judas Priest - Invincible Picture Disc
Magnum - Here Comes the Rain Box Set
Magnum - Here Comes the Rain Splatter Vinyl
Pallas - The Messenger

Things have really got out of hand this montho_O adding to the madness that's already happening:rolleyes:

In surround:
Frank Zappa - Overnite Sensation
Nektar - Remember the Future
Thin Lizzy - Vagabonds....
Trevor Horn - Echoes: Ancient & Modern
Cyan - Pictures From the Other Side
Van morrison - Moondance
Peter Gabriel - IO
Soft Cell - Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret
Yes - The Yes Album (again)
U2 - Under a Blood Red Sky DVD
Camel - Air Born Box:eek:
Santana - Welcome
Santana - Caravanserai
Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation Live

Stereo:
Judas Priest - Invincible Deluxe
Judas Priest - Invincible Picture Disc
Magnum - Here Comes the Rain Box Set
Magnum - Here Comes the Rain Splatter Vinyl
Pallas - The Messenger
Foolish me, I should have held out on Super Session and Love, Devotion, Surrender and just waited for the release of Welcome. 2023 is already going to be the most expensive surround year ever. Of course, Rhino and Michael Dutton already have designs on my wallet for 2024, not even counting the 2024 Surround Releases thread.

Back