What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 90218

Warner Beatniks , Akihiko Ichihara , Teruhiko Mikasa – Isaribi Koiuta Jinjinsasete The Big Drum And Tenor Saxophone Best Hit 40
I had no idea that Atlantic Records had issued some SQ albums. I thought they were exclusively releasing CD-4 albums at the time. This is a 2 LP set in a sturdy embossed gatefold cover.

Arita Shintaro & New Beat - Friends (Drum Drum Drum)
Mister Shitaro has released a tsunami of albums for the Crown label, including quite a few in Quad.
I have both of those albums. purchased last summer! I just got through listening to the "Warner Beatniks". It is much better than I was expecting. Style wise its rock, easy listening, and maybe a tiny bit of jazz; described on Discogs as Funk/Soul I'm not sure about that label.

One track 放浪船 (translates as Wandering Boat) is actually "Space Truckin", very cool!

I just have to attach a scan of the record label, it is so cool to see the SQ logo on an Atlantic release!

The two LP's in this set contain a whopping 40 tracks, 10 per side.

Scan-240307-0001.jpg

Last edited:
SQ and QS recordings were both tested and evaluated in 1972 at Electra Studios , in the U.S. This according to Jac Holzman of Electra Records . Both Atlantic and Electra records are made at Electra Studios. As is reported in Billboard Magazine July 01 1972 , pg 68 .

So WEA did try out matrix records prior to committing to CD -4 , almost a year later.

It's really too bad they didn't follow A&M'S practice of actually releasing disc's in SQ and QS for the public to evaluate , before committing to CD-4.
Which is exactly what they did with Atlantic Records in Japan.

I agree that SQ emblem looks so great on an Atlantic Record , albeit Japanese.

flying in hot from Lima Peru; yes a rare Peruvian LP- QS Sonido Cuadrofonico of 70's Polkas, Waltzes and dance music with Saxophonist Julio Mori.
* DISCOS SONO RADIO Q.S. 1016

...vamos a seguirla

Some translation of the back text is:

There are girls so pretty that you can follow them to the end of the world; and there is music so beautiful and so cheerful that you can continue the jam... even if you don't eat tomorrow! The continuous revelry that Julio Mori and his boys offer us in this sensational (erlollo ?) album is, precisely, to shout at four in the morning: "LET'S FOLLOW HER...!"

folder.jpg

rear cover.jpg

LP SIDE 1.jpg

Back