• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
So what's their game? I need to start a personal -"Do Not Order From" file for those unscrupulous sellers!

Good idea Pups
Too many of us have been the victim of these s..thead sellers!!!

A buyer beware thread would be a good idea...as long as it's not leaving us open to litigation. :unsure: o_O

Quad Linda

Staff member
I've been thinking about that Double Fantasy Quad Goddess; please let me know what you think.

I recently bought this title and thought the mastering was way too cold and stiff sounding, maybe I need an LP version:
OK, Pupster, I finally opened and auditioned the John tracks. I a/b'ed them to what was handy, 2010 RBCD from "White" 2010 Lennon box. Also sold singly in paper case.

Wow!! Dynamic range was markedly better on SHM-SACD. High end seemed smoooother on SHM-SACD, although not necessarily brighter.

I've also owned this on 2ch LP, Nautilus 1/2 speed LP, CD, MoFi Gold CD, and 2010 box (mentioned above.) I also bought Stripped Down.

Not sure if I'll get a chance to a/b SHM-SACD to Gold CD. If I do, I'll try to report back.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
OK, Pupster, I finally opened and auditioned the John tracks. I a/b'ed them to what was handy, 2010 RBCD from "White" 2010 Lennon box. Also sold singly in paper case.

Wow!! Dynamic range was markedly better on SHM-SACD. High end seemed smoooother on SHM-SACD, although not necessarily brighter.

I've also owned this on 2ch LP, Nautilus 1/2 speed LP, CD, MoFi Gold CD, and 2010 box (mentioned above.) I also bought Stripped Down.

Not sure if I'll get a chance to a/b SHM-SACD to Gold CD. If I do, I'll try to report back.
Thanks for checking that out Quad Goddess:love: , maybe I just need to re-listen and adjust some of my tone controls (seems I'm more sensitive to bright top end as I age -thought it would be just the opposite?), heck, maybe I was just in a mood that day but always willing to listen to this title, just really love it!

Last edited:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Thanks for checking that out Quad Goddess:love: , maybe I just need to re-listen and adjust some of my tone controls (seems I'm more sensitive to bright top end as I age -thought it would be just the opposite?), heck, maybe I was just in a mood that day but always willing to listen to this title, just really love it!
TONE CONTROLS, Pupster o_O ????????? Yuk! All my systems have FLAT response .......NO TONE CONTROLS. Anathema to audiophiles EVERYWHERE.

Last edited:

Quad Linda

Staff member
I ordered well over $100 from Music Direct several weeks ago. They shipped everything in stock Fedex. Dire Straits' Love Over Gold was back ordered. It shipped USPS and was supposed to be delivered today. Music Direct is in Chicago and so am I. Tracking says Love Over Gold SACD is somewhere in Pittsburgh now. Hopefully, it will be here by Christmas.

par4ken

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum Audio Fidelity AFZ 253. I recently came across the LP record in a box of records that someone gave me, although the cover was trash, water damaged the LP played nicely at least a VG. I noticed the SACD for sale and decided why not. The disc sounds very good but so does the LP!

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum Audio Fidelity AFZ 253. I recently came across the LP record in a box of records that someone gave me, although the cover was trash, water damaged the LP played nicely at least a VG. I noticed the SACD for sale and decided why not. The disc sounds very good but so does the LP!
I thought the SACD was horribly thin...does the LP sound a bit "thicker"? :)

par4ken

600 Club - QQ All-Star
I thought the SACD was horribly thin...does the LP sound a bit "thicker"? :)
Not sure about thick and thin but I tried playing both simultaneously flipping back and forth between them and I think I like the LP sound better.

Reactions: GOS