Who mixed the quad 'Wish You were Here' LP?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a question that has come up many times in the past.

I don't think we ever discovered the answer.

I do know for sure that Alan Parsons did NOT mix "Wish you were Here."

There are no credits for the Quad mix on the LP sleeve.

The U.K. release states that the disc was engineered by Brian Humphries at Abbey Road Studios. However the BBC obtained the masters and remixed them for Matrix H transmission in 1978, when on that occassion they were done by Tony Wilson at the BBC, broadcast over National BBC FM Radio 2 in the United Kingdom. Hope this helps?

Anyone know? Was it Parsons?

(Might was well ask -- who did 'Atom Heart Mother' as well?)

hi

Alan Parsons did not mix W.Y.W.H. i know because when he was here in town,(for his show) i gave him my "WISH YOU WERE HERE" DVD-A transfer and he said, i didn't mix it you know!!!! and i said yes, Tad (quadtrade) told me you are a quad fan, i also gave him other DVD-A transfers, i don't think he did the quad mix on A.H.M. ???? but i may be able to ask him????? thanks Gerardo

The U.K. release states that the disc was engineered by Brian Humphries at Abbey Road Studios. However the BBC obtained the masters and remixed them for Matrix H transmission in 1978, when on that occassion they were done by Tony Wilson at the BBC, broadcast over National BBC FM Radio 2 in the United Kingdom. Hope this helps?
I remember this well and stll have the tape,a memorex c90 one day I hoe to be able to decode.
I remember at the end Alan Feeeman saying how lovely it was till the last drop, still one of my faves.

From the record A.H.M. was engineered by Peter Bown and Allan Parsons at Abbey Road and published in 1970. I assume that the SQ version would have been mixed later but it is the SQ version from which I am quoting if this helps.

I always understood that AP did both the DSOTM and AHM 4.0 mixes. Maybe Cai can chime in with some authority.

Ingresman,
If you decode QS with a script, or even have a QS decoder, see here for details on how to decode Matrix H.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3793&highlight=matrix

I have a copy of and old Alan Freeman show in Matrix H and it decodes nicely.

Malcolm
Thanks for that Malcom,
The tape isn't that good it's a bit muffled. I mentioned it was on a memorex tape. Remember the question is it live or is it memorex, well I know which it is !
I've got some other H stuff as well such as the motors, elvis costello, queen, jethro tull. I'll get round to it one day !

Back