Yes "Fragile": DVD-A/BluRay Out October 30th (Remixed by Steven Wilson)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
importcds are the worst. Had an issue with Tull set. They list as available but really on backorder with manufacturer. Then after 30 days the reservation gets deleted. You have been warned.

I always order from importsCD via Amazon - as a Amazon Marketplace seller. I believe that gives me better buyer protection than buying directly from importsCD because Amazon as better buyer guarantees.

That happened to me on a title where it canceled out because the order was not filled in 30 days. That was an automatic glitch they apologized for. Having said that, they sell the new SACDs for $19-$20 when many charge $29 for the same thing. I probably have 35-40 orders that went fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burning Shed just sent out this email in regards to playback issues concerning the Blu-Ray disc of "Fragile" on the PS3:

Hi,
Thank you for your patience.
While we continue to wait for Sony to move at glacial speed with a firmware update for PS3 here is a workaround that should at least let you see what you’ve been missing…

To get full control over FRAGILE on the PS3.
1 - Insert disc, and wait until the splash logos appear. (You can watch these if you like but you can also bypass them)
2 - Press the Green Triangle on the PS3 remote (the VIEW button) to bring up the PS3 remote menu onscreen.
3 - with the left joystick (or the arrows if you wish) move up to ENTER and press the SELECT button on the remote.
you are now running using the remote control and you have full control over the whole disc and all it's features - it is only that the buttons are not being drawn - they are still there and working..
In addition, the coloured buttons also control playback.
4 - To get the 2015 mixes to play, scroll along to either the RED or the YELLOW button and press SELECT then ENTER
(Red gets you the DTS-HD Master Audio, Yellow gets you the PCM Stereo and green will get you nowhere unless you are running HDMI audio)
4a - pressing BLUE then SELECT and ENTER will start the original master playback.

Whilst in any playlist pressing VIEW/Triangle will toggle the onscreen remote graphic.
The BLUE button will alwats take you to the next playlist in the sequence shown on the left of the screen playback image.
The numbered buttons will allow direct track access.
If you leave the disc playing, it will play all playlists in turn.
When in either "2015 Mixes" or "2002 DVDA Mixes", the coloured buttons switch between audio streams as follows:
Yellow = LPCM Stereo
Red = DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Green = LPCM 5.1 Surround (but ONLY if a suitable audio connection and amplifier is used - digital optical output will not play 5.1 LPCM Surround)

Everyone fully appreciates this is not ideal but it will give you playback until the firmware fix is sorted out.
This might work on the Xbox too.
The label and the disc author continue to press Sony and Microsoft for a full solution to this issue with their firmware and we will keep you updated as soon as any further news comes in.
If you also bought XTC - Oranges and Lemons the above probably won’t work for that bluray but, once again, everyone who can help continues to try to get this fixed.
Thanks,
Lisa

I received Octopus & Fragile from Headphone Dust yesterday.

After playing Fragile a few times I learned:

Just like The YES Album in 5.1, Fragile has been reborn again. What a wonderful record it really was! And the bonus tracks are fabulous, poignant and plenty.

This issue is pretty much perfect and its even better to have the old 5.1 mix AND America in 5.1.

(y)

Last edited:
Just like The YES Album in 5.1, Fragile has been reborn again. What a wonderful record it really was!

I agree with you that it is reborn, although admittedly I did not meet this album until it was already more than 20 years old.

I was not familiar with this album prior to the original DVDA release.

Wow, does this release sound different! It's not solidified enough in my mind for a vote yet, but I really quite like the new surround mix.

What a wonderful record it really was!

For what it's worth, part of my personal journey with Fragile:

I only ever dropped acid once, on a cold Friday night with a bunch of my buddies; we were all about 14 or 15 years old. Three of us ended up crashing a slumber party at the house of the cute girl who lived next door to me! This of course would have been a teenage boy's dream come true, were it not for our zombie-like state. (Sigh...) Anyway, for some reason the girls kept playing the same 2 records over & over: The Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys and Fragile. Despite my outward stupor, internally I was enjoying myself quite a bit for the most part, except for the music - it sounded really horrible, all echo-ey with the pitch going up and down. I couldn't bear to hear either of those albums for years afterward. Listening to this newest incarnation, I sure am glad I finally got over it! Now I'm wondering how Low Spark would sound in 5.1...

The whole story of that night is much longer, of course (and off-topic). I'll only add that I haven't felt the need to try LSD again - but I'm definitely glad I did it once!

-- Jim :mad:@:

I agree with you that it is reborn, although admittedly I did not meet this album until it was already more than 20 years old.

To the good doctor: It doesn't matter how long you flap around in the water, as long as you make your way into the boat! (y)

Welcome aboard. :music

@Jim: Keep the anecdotes coming please! But I'm surprised Fragile was so "echo-ey". You must have "dropped" triple the portion that the rest of us did, back then..:smokin. Nektar - Recycled & PF - The Wall were pure sonic heaven the first time I heard them, but then I stuck closer to the instructions on the label, if you follow...

@Jim: Keep the anecdotes coming please! But I'm surprised Fragile was so "echo-ey". You must have "dropped" triple the portion that the rest of us did, back then..:smokin.

That is exactly what happened. After the fact, us dumb kids found out that each of us had ingested either 2 or 4 times the recommended dosage that night (4 for me). Which likely also explains my stumbling out the back door of Suzie's basement at one point and horking profusely into the snow! Since then I've had an intimate understanding of the term "technicolor yawn" - whoever came up with that one had to be tripping, heh.

-- Jim

I find myself fascianted by the bonus track "All Fighters Past". Supposedly, the solo tracks on Fragile were done because they didn't have enough band songs to make a full album. Yet here we have the remants of a full song that could have been used, but wasn't. "All Fighters Past" is not some sort of demo or partially completed track. It's fully produced with several overdubs. I can't help but wonder if the reuse of this reel of tape at a later session was a complete accident. And since the remnant of "All Fighters Past" was found at the *end* of the reel, who knows what else was recorded over when they reused the tape.

I find myself fascianted by the bonus track "All Fighters Past". Supposedly, the solo tracks on Fragile were done because they didn't have enough band songs to make a full album. Yet here we have the remants of a full song that could have been used, but wasn't. "All Fighters Past" is not some sort of demo or partially completed track. It's fully produced with several overdubs. I can't help but wonder if the reuse of this reel of tape at a later session was a complete accident. And since the remnant of "All Fighters Past" was found at the *end* of the reel, who knows what else was recorded over when they reused the tape.

All Fighters Past is mixed by Steve Wilson...so it hadn't been fully produced. It was something that was not completed, that the band either forgot about or decided to wipe.

Its bass/rhythm riff shows up slowed-down on the final release of Revealing Science of God , and at full speed underneath the unedited version of Wakeman's climactic Moog solo in the 'studio run through' version. The booklet claims it also became part of 'Siberian Khatru' but I don't hear that.

My order for this (along with Gentle Giant Power and the Glory) from Amazon is out for delivery!! Full review tomorrow morning.

I know this thing is gonna be killer.

Anyone have the title/chapter breakdown on this, for ripping + tagging purposes? I've gleaned that Title 1 is the new 5.1 mix, Title 7 is the old DVD-A 5.1 set, Title 3 is the 6 bonus tracks. That leaves the stereo mixes in Titles 2, 4, and 5. I'm guessing Title 2 is the 2ch remix.

Back