Yes "Fragile": DVD-A/BluRay Out October 30th (Remixed by Steven Wilson)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when I load the full back up in DVD audio extractor I get this when I go to free db,

YES DVDAE 0.PNG
which results in this structure

YES DVDAE 1.PNG

I went the expensive route in purchasing the DVDFab Passkey software. I just use that to bypass all the encryptions and then use DVD Audio Extractor to rip the audio. I had so much trouble with the MakeDVD software that I gave up. Found it too cumbersome.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I did a quick comparison of the DVD-A transfer on this, to the original DVD-A, 'just to see'. "America" was a nasty piece of work on the 2002 disc -- look at the blown-out center channel in the top image, for example. The 2015 transfer (lower image) turns it down by 5dB (which is a good thing, but can't fix what's fundamentally wrong with the levels on the 2002 mix).

Attachments

• America.jpg
    America.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 173
  • America2.jpg
    America2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 177
I did a quick comparison of the DVD-A transfer on this, to the original DVD-A, 'just to see'. "America" was a nasty piece of work on the 2002 disc -- look at the blown-out center channel in the top image, for example. The 2015 transfer (lower image) turns it down by 5dB (which is a good thing, but can't fix what's fundamentally wrong with the levels on the 2002 mix).

Interesting.
It would have been cool to hear the 2001 remix without the brickwalled mastering. Whoever applied this much limiting is crazy! :eek:

Interesting.
It would have been cool to hear the 2001 remix without the brickwalled mastering. Whoever applied this much limiting is crazy! :eek:

They went easier on the surround left channel for some reason...front left and right are at least still 'fuzzy' even though compressed, it's that center channel that's really out of whack. The mix of this track always sounded awful to me, and a big part of it is the aggressive levels. The SW transfer at least apples 'replaygain'-like treatment, so it wont' sound louder than everything you just played before it.

Back