HiRez Poll Yes - THE YES ALBUM [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Yes - THE YES ALBUM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Overall, this is a very nice collection. I really like the new Steven Wilson stereo mixes, which are wider and with better instrument separation when listening in sonic holography. The alternate mix of Yours is No Disgrace on the rareties CD is a lot of fun, too.

After listening to the live CD, I dug out a version of the The Yale Bowl songs that I had downloaded years ago from Dime a Dozen, and I was surprised to hear that the version I have is considerably better than the version in the new box set.

I have nothing to add to the previous posters, this is a well earned 10.

This album made good use of all the speakers to includes parts rolling and panning across the ceiling that I hoped would happen. Very enjoyable but not gimmicky.

I had a friend over to enjoy his first spin of multi-channel and then unleashed this ATMOS beauty on him. it slowed down the work we were doing but it was fun to watch him follow the sound around the room.

An earbook without all the bloat, if you can't do a standalone BluRay this is the next best thing.

I thought Steve Wilson did a great job remixing Fragile to 5.1. I still think that! But if you follow listening to this 7.1.4 mix of TYA with that 5.1 of Fragile it really puts that Fragile mix to shame! Wasn't quite expecting that to be so blunt. It's more than anything to do with the additional channels too - although there's no denying the extended system. This is a really great mix!

Can we get Going For The One next? Then a 7.1.4 remix of Tales? I won't ask for any more after that! (I mean, not today anyway. Probably.)

I thought Steve Wilson did a great job remixing Fragile to 5.1. I still think that! But if you follow listening to this 7.1.4 mix of TYA with that 5.1 of Fragile it really puts that Fragile mix to shame! Wasn't quite expecting that to be so blunt. It's more than anything to do with the additional channels too - although there's no denying the extended system. This is a really great mix!

Can we get Going For The One next? Then a 7.1.4 remix of Tales? I won't ask for any more after that! (I mean, not today anyway. Probably.)
Multis couldn't be found for GftO- that's why it wasn't done in 5.1 previously. I'd happily take any Yes album with this treatment- and while TfTO would be 2nd on my list, CttE would be my top wish. Though I think Relayer might have the most potential for an audacious Atmos mix.

Back