What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Digg!!! Lazarus Digg!!! (DVD-A)
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Nocturama (DVD-A)
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Abattoir Blues / The Lyre Of Orpheus (DVD-A)

Markus, there is a Bob Dylan SACD sampler that has one or two songs in mc not available elsewhere.
So you have one more to get! :)

Markus, there is a Bob Dylan SACD sampler that has one or two songs in mc not available elsewhere.
So you have one more to get! :)

Good luck, just one or two songs... I pass. I have my internal rules (e.g. complete albums only) that keeps my piggy bank alive. E.g. I passed for incomplete MC releases Quadrophenia and Incantations.

Markus

Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan (M/C SACD)

Finally got it, new and sealed with the little yellow sticker for a decent price!

As commonplace as it is, I've been looking out for a copy specifically in that condition for sensible money for literally years & years! Woo!

It's my 4th M/C Dylan SACD, so just 2 to go now..

Last edited:
Dig Up The AstroTurf - Jeff Trott (DVD-Audio).

An artist I'd never heard of before.. One of DTS' DVDA releases of newer acts I think.

Anyway it was only about £3 or £4 on eBay, so I thought I'll go for it! No idea, it may sound like sh*t.. it may be a hidden gem!

Sketches of Spain - Miles Davis (Monster HDS Surround Promo, in black DVD amaray case).

Well, it finally arrived this morning!
(I got the 2nd chance offer on eBay during macdilberts' auction of it recently, as I was 2nd highest bidder!).

Looking forward to giving it a spin later in the week!

thank you for for the cool info, LizardKing :)

looking forward to the mix now!

speaking of which, what did you think of the Bruce Dickinson DVDA? A load of balls or a masterpiece worthy of Picasso?

thank you for for the cool info, LizardKing :)

looking forward to the mix now!

speaking of which, what did you think of the Bruce Dickinson DVDA? A load of balls or a masterpiece worthy of Picasso?

Picked it up cheap....Its OK - I like the last track in particular... the mix is so so... but it is discrete - not a Silverline surround-o-matic.

Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Babies on a used dvd-audio for $24 with coupon (local FYE).

Josh One - Narrow Path - CD/DVD-A - thought it was going to be a DualDisc, but its seperate discs (y)

Josh One - Narrow Path - CD/DVD-A - thought it was going to be a DualDisc, but its seperate discs (y)

there is a DualDisc (pretty sure it's from the U.S.) but all the copies that are knocking around cheap on ebay at the moment (where there are pix of the actual item up for sale) all show the separate CD + DVDA set.

pleasant surprise, as much as it being 24/96, which was also a nice wee bonus! if only all DualD's had similar 2 disc CD/DVDA treatment!

after a couple of listens, the stand out track for me mix-wise is "Grey Skies". I think it was used on one of Elliot Scheiners' ELS Demonstration discs.

there is a DualDisc (pretty sure it's from the U.S.) but all the copies that are knocking around cheap on ebay at the moment (where there are pix of the actual item up for sale) all show the separate CD + DVDA set.

pleasant surprise, as much as it being 24/96, which was also a nice wee bonus! if only all DualD's had similar 2 disc CD/DVDA treatment!

after a couple of listens, the stand out track for me mix-wise is "Grey Skies". I think it was used on one of Elliot Scheiners' ELS Demonstration discs.

Yeah - Grey Skies was the one that grabbed me after a first listen....

Yeah - Grey Skies was the one that grabbed me after a first listen....

The Josh One's a bit like the Rob Thomas DualDisc, the overall mix isn't very gimmicky or full-on but when stuff does happen its definitely discrete and it somehow works with the music.

I guess after all these years I've come to the conclusion I'd rather hear a discrete mix (no matter how subtle) than an overt double stereo, or, just as bad, severely reverbed or ambient mix.. heavy ambience of a studio production where there's plenty of multitracks to remix discretely around the room, I just don't understand..!?

I've got a number of (cheap!) DualDiscs, SACDs & DVDAs of titles on their way. I'm now scraping the bottom of the barrel, i've got just about everything decent i've ever wanted in 5.1 now.. these are mostly generally said to have poor 5.1 mixes.. (including The Wallflowers DualD & another album of theirs on SACD, Simple Plan DualD, The Donnas DVDA - which just arrived today..) so I'm intrigued to see what they're like.. especially after really enjoying some of the Rob Thomas DualD, when it's had such a poor rep.

P.S. I haven't got down to those titles (near the bottom of the hi-rez poll) yet but I've got a few in the pipeline.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back