What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The promo DVDA 5.1 mix was purely Elliot Scheiners' work. You can identify it by looking at the credits in the booklet and if it says "5.1 Tracks mixed by Elliot Scheiner" with no mention of Brian, then you've got the original 5.1 mix.

Unfortunately, the first pressing with the Brian May alterations used the original booklet which reads "5.1 mix by Elliot Scheiner". The most reliable way to know that you have the original mix is by making sure the disc is dated 2001.

I recently picked this one up, and some of the differences are amazing. I have to give Kudos to Brian May in this case. While I do prefer the original Scheiner mixes on some of the songs, Brian's mix of "Sweet Lady" is a definite improvement. He also irons out a pretty big anomaly in "The Prophet's Song", after the acapella section where the instruments kick in.

I had to reluctantly pass on the Squackett "Life in a Day" deluxe set with the 5.1 DVD in @HMV today, as it was £25 (!) and all 3 copies were squashed to buggery in their (over-zealous) shrink-wrap.

what a day (in a life!).. :(

Together We're Stranger - No-Man (CD + DVDA)
Schoolyard Ghosts - No-Man (CD + DVDA)

You're late to the party on these..... & Stupid Dream....

If you don't have all the other PT albums - get them - I recommend them all.

James Tayor - JT - Single Layer SACD 5.1 (y)

Hopefully a few more in the next few days also!!!!

You're late to the party on these..... & Stupid Dream....

If you don't have all the other PT albums - get them - I recommend them all.

i've known all about them since they were announced/released and have seen all of them for sale countless times, they just weren't a priority back then.

they're still not high up on my list of dvda's/sacds to get now to be honest.

it was just i happened to be out in town at HMV specially to get Elton's new album yesterday (on vinyl, for collecting purposes, i wanted one that was in tip-top condition, no dints in the sleeve, or rips in the shrink-wrap, etc) and in my hunt for anything surround/hi-res while shopping there, these PT/no-man DVDA's were the only thing they had that i didn't, so I thought what the 'eck..!

so far I have the 2 x no-man DVDA's, PT's 'In Absentia', 'Stupid Dream' and 'Lightbulb Sun" DVDA's, plus the blu-ray of "Storm Corrosion" and the blu-ray of SW's "Grace for Drowning".

i'll get everything by PT (and all the other artists' surround albums Kscope have released) in time.

meantime, there's a few more important goodies i'm bidding on right now.. though sadly the Weather Report "Mysterious Travller" SACD that was up on ebay, still sealed, went into orbit last night.. after i'd been top bidder a while, with no activity, at the $30-odd mark, which i thought was a bit of a bargain, there was a last minute flurry of bidding and it went for $106 US.. boo!! :(

Unfortunately, the first pressing with the Brian May alterations used the original booklet which reads "5.1 mix by Elliot Scheiner". The most reliable way to know that you have the original mix is by making sure the disc is dated 2001.

I recently picked this one up, and some of the differences are amazing. I have to give Kudos to Brian May in this case. While I do prefer the original Scheiner mixes on some of the songs, Brian's mix of "Sweet Lady" is a definite improvement. He also irons out a pretty big anomaly in "The Prophet's Song", after the acapella section where the instruments kick in.

dammit! my disc is 2002.. :(

thank you for the great info though!

the search for the original non-BM mix goes on! :D

Bruce Dickinson - Balls to Picasso - Dualdisc DVD-A - Hopefully a Silverline winner!!!

223235188.jpg

Hi All,

New member here - long time lurker. Thanks to all of you for your participation in these forums, as it has helped me to at least be aware of what is wheat and what is chaff. I have around 500 modern surround titles, and another 150 video only. I probably have around 200 proper quads in various formats. My newest aqusition was Roxy Music - Avalon from Amazon. $75 for a like-new copy. I had a copy which I purchased new in April of 2009 for $20, but a buddy of mine needed it so I traded it to him for Chicago II. It is now back in the fold.

I have some vinyl which someone may wish to make good digital conversions of, as I was never the best at decoding vinyl, and I am not set up to record multichannel (unless you count an 8-track quad recorder!). If there is a thread for conversions I can post my vinyl discography there.

OK, I will probably be slow to respond to stuff, so be patient with me, but I should have some good stuff to contribute to the group. See you "around!"

Ken

Welcome to QQ, Ken. Nice collection.

Hi All,

New member here - long time lurker. Thanks to all of you for your participation in these forums, as it has helped me to at least be aware of what is wheat and what is chaff. I have around 500 modern surround titles, and another 150 video only. I probably have around 200 proper quads in various formats. My newest aqusition was Roxy Music - Avalon from Amazon. $75 for a like-new copy. I had a copy which I purchased new in April of 2009 for $20, but a buddy of mine needed it so I traded it to him for Chicago II. It is now back in the fold.

I have some vinyl which someone may wish to make good digital conversions of, as I was never the best at decoding vinyl, and I am not set up to record multichannel (unless you count an 8-track quad recorder!). If there is a thread for conversions I can post my vinyl discography there.

OK, I will probably be slow to respond to stuff, so be patient with me, but I should have some good stuff to contribute to the group. See you "around!"

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back