What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like you'd be re-buying the same thing. These have the original stereo mixes. Of course if all you play is 5.1 then this might not be relevant.

Are you sure the debut album has the original stereo mix? I thought the band had replaced "Break On Through" and "The End" with, um, less censored versions. I'm just curious 'cause if they DID use the old ones, I'd invest in that SACD if no other.

Now if we could get AP to put out The Best Of The Doors with original quad mixes. I don't understand why AP seems to have no interest in this. I think it would be a top seller.

Sounds like a petition's should be in the works.

ED :)

Was this the last "classic" R.E.M. album? An interesting debate, but nonetheless, this sounds great as a 5.1 DVD-A :)

295603_10151581274040499_1450580418_n.jpg

just about anything mixed into 5.1 by Elliot Scheiner is exemplary.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?5727-Elliott-Scheiner-5-1-Mixes

Thanks for the heads up! He certainly has a quality credit list.
I picked up 'Out of Time' last week, and 'Monster' arrived today. I also have Queen's 'A Night at the Opera' and it is also impeccable.

I would love to complete the R.E.M. DVD-A collection, however some of these albums seem to be changing hands at highly inflated prices. Nothing new there, I guess :/

Thanks for the heads up! He certainly has a quality credit list.
I picked up 'Out of Time' last week, and 'Monster' arrived today. I also have Queen's 'A Night at the Opera' and it is also impeccable.

I would love to complete the R.E.M. DVD-A collection, however some of these albums seem to be changing hands at highly inflated prices. Nothing new there, I guess :/

You're welcome, lots of top-notch 5.1's from E.S. Some of my all-time fave surround music mixes are his.

I'd say sit tight, as those R.E.M.'S (the CD/DVD digipack combo's especially but also the 3 in super jewel cases) do come up cheap every now and again. which ones are you after?

You're welcome, lots of top-notch 5.1's from E.S. Some of my all-time fave surround music mixes are his.

I'd say sit tight, as those R.E.M.'S (the CD/DVD digipack combo's especially but also the 3 in super jewel cases) do come up cheap every now and again. which ones are you after?

Ideally, I will want them all! ;)

I found a top notch retailer that has both a physical store and an online presence called retrobloke.com in Brent, North London. He's got a few more R.E.M. DVD-A's that I might just grab, although a few are just silly money :( I think I may have to pop down there one day soon and twist his arm to do me a deal ;)

And I really want the Genesis box sets. I knew I should've taken the hit when they were released but stupidly hoped that they'd come down in price. Yes, yes... I know! LOL ;)

Gavin Harrison & ø5ric - circles dvda
A Scarcity of Miracles - KC Projekt DVDA
JT - Thick as a brick dvda
IA - TAAB2 dvda
2L - string quartets beethoven nordheim bartok sacd
2L - mozart violin concertos sacd
2L - quiet winter nifhts bluray
2L - the nordic sound audiophile reference recordings blu ray

Well.....
it only took me about five years to get this one....
I just picked up in the Post office...

Fleetwood Mac-Rumours DVD-A
(yessss!!!)
almost new, the jewel case is a bit cracked but functioning...

Thank you K!!!!!

Ideally, I will want them all! ;)

I found a top notch retailer that has both a physical store and an online presence called retrobloke.com in Brent, North London. He's got a few more R.E.M. DVD-A's that I might just grab, although a few are just silly money :( I think I may have to pop down there one day soon and twist his arm to do me a deal ;)

And I really want the Genesis box sets. I knew I should've taken the hit when they were released but stupidly hoped that they'd come down in price. Yes, yes... I know! LOL ;)

My favourites (in order) of the REM discs are, Automatic for the People, Out of Time, Around the Sun, Reveal & Document (but that goes for silly prices!!)

P.S. Automatic for the People & Reveal had DVD-A only releases so keep on eye out on those versions also...

Nice! That is a must have.

Yes, and thanks to a fellow QQer, I could buy it...for 35 Euros, which I think is a VERY DECENT price for a (basically) new disc that is SO OOP and hard to find at a decent price...
Love the extras too...it IS a great disc...

I saw the Luther Vandross dvda again today and it was marked down from 16.99 to 9.99. I already have it or would have bought at that price. The Frampton comes alive dvda was back on the shelf at 50 and saw the 2disc REM Monster for 6.99. I wish I could find a few more of the titles that I have had in my hands but didn't buy when they came out. After the America find I am stopping to look more often.

Well.....
it only took me about five years to get this one....
I just picked up in the Post office...

Fleetwood Mac-Rumours DVD-A
(yessss!!!)
almost new, the jewel case is a bit cracked but functioning...

Thank you K!!!!!

I'm still searching for a reasonably priced copy of this. One of the finest albums ever recorded. I'd love to hear it in multi-channel form. Quite why they left the multi-channel mix out of this year's 35th anniversary set, I'll never know.

Enjoy :)

My favourites (in order) of the REM discs are, Automatic for the People, Out of Time, Around the Sun, Reveal & Document (but that goes for silly prices!!)

P.S. Automatic for the People & Reveal had DVD-A only releases so keep on eye out on those versions also...

Yeah, I've seen jewel cased versions and the 2 disc (CD/DVD-A) versions too. I have all their albums as I bought the delxue editions as downloads so either way, I'm not fussy which versions I get, so long as they're multi-channel.

'Out of Time' has to be my all time favourite R.E.M. album so buying that last week was a big thrill for me. And listening to 'Monster' again today, I've re-found my deep love for that album. 'Automatic' is a classic and I need to have that, as well as 'Green' and 'Document'. But as a collector by nature, I'd have to have all the others too ;)

Yeah, I've seen jewel cased versions and the 2 disc (CD/DVD-A) versions too. I have all their albums as I bought the delxue editions as downloads so either way, I'm not fussy which versions I get, so long as they're multi-channel.
I'd like to see those jewel case versions. What country were they from? I've got the cardboard ones.

I'm still searching for a reasonably priced copy of this. One of the finest albums ever recorded. I'd love to hear it in multi-channel form. Quite why they left the multi-channel mix out of this year's 35th anniversary set, I'll never know.

Enjoy :)

Keep looking...this one flew under the radar (as many of them do on fleabay!, I have been stunned many a times finding out -too late-BIN auctions for $30 or so!)
This one was an amaz*n.de marketplace seller who only shipped to GERMANY!!!!!...try all different amaz*ns, I'm sure sooner or later you'll find one at a decent price (and that all depends on you definition of "decent" too)...for example, the same thing happened to me with the "Hotel California" DVD-A which I got about a year ago from a fleabay BIN auction for about $30-in an almost new condition

I must say that this DVD-A is SO worth it that I would never get the SACD unless I was REALLY desperate...
I also agree with you on why the hell they did not include it in the new deluxe package...

KEEP LOOKING!!!! and good luck...

I'd like to see those jewel case versions. What country were they from? I've got the cardboard ones.

Lizard King beat me with the scans and links, but yes, it appears these three got single disc jewel case issues. Personally, I prefer the digipak versions, mainly because they fit in with regular CD's on a shelf and the added bonus of a stereo CD for use elsewhere is always handy.

Keep looking...this one flew under the radar (as many of them do on fleabay!, I have been stunned many a times finding out -too late-BIN auctions for $30 or so!)
This one was an amaz*n.de marketplace seller who only shipped to GERMANY!!!!!...try all different amaz*ns, I'm sure sooner or later you'll find one at a decent price (and that all depends on you definition of "decent" too)...for example, the same thing happened to me with the "Hotel California" DVD-A which I got about a year ago from a fleabay BIN auction for about $30-in an almost new condition

I must say that this DVD-A is SO worth it that I would never get the SACD unless I was REALLY desperate...
I also agree with you on why the hell they did not include it in the new deluxe package...

KEEP LOOKING!!!! and good luck...

Oh yes, I'll keep looking and thanks for the pointers. I do regular searches in the hope of finding a sensibly priced copy but haven't been successful yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back