BIG Blu-Ray Audio drive from Universal Music in 2013 - PART TWO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone waiting for the Nick Drake "Five Leaves Left" HFPA BDA (like me) may have a very long wait, according to Thomas Hooper @sa-cd.net..

"Email from Universal Music. Nick Drake has been pulled from HFPA's production schedule and will not be released."

:(

anyone waiting for the Nick Drake "Five Leaves Left" HFPA BDA (like me) may have a very long wait, according to Thomas Hooper @sa-cd.net..

:(

I had an order in with Universal and they confirmed today that that order has now been cancelled as the product will no longer be offered.

This is rapidly becoming a joke

I had an order in with Universal and they confirmed today that that order has now been cancelled as the product will no longer be offered.

PATHETIC.

I just hope Sony & Warner don't screw up their Blu-ray's like Universal have..

I had such high hopes for HFPA.. now for me those letters stand for
Hopeless Friggin Pain in the Arse.

PATHETIC.

I just hope Sony & Warner don't screw up their Blu-ray's like Universal have..

I had such high hopes for HFPA.. now for me those letters stand for
Hopeless Friggin Pain in the Arse.

I thought it was
Hugely Futile Pathetic Attempt

So they are cancelling the Nick Drake release but moving ahead with the planned releases. Right ?

Review of Tears For Fears here: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Tears-For-Fears-The-Hurting-Blu-ray/93762/#Review

As with the previous HFPA releases I've reviewed, the differences (between PCM, DTS-HD & DTrueHD - all 96/24 stereo) here are negligible, but to my ears the PCM track features the best dynamic range and fullness in all registers. Clarity here is superb, delineating the plaintiff wails of the guys' voices really well

Might add to my wish-list for next 20% off sale at my local...

John Lennon Imagine review here: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/John-Lennon-Imagine-Blu-ray/93759/#Review

I would say that there is no garentee that what's been announced will actually be released,:)

very true.. I fear the worst for the Supertramp/Crime Of The Century HFPA that was up for pre-order even before the Nick Drake but has been postponed again and again (and again and again and again..!!) :(

the crazy thing is the HFPA Facebook promo guys "in the office" were reportedly rocking out to the Crime Of The Century HFPA last year.. and raving about it on Facebook.. so why the hold up if the disc is done!?

if Universal screw up the Elton HFPA in a couple of weeks' time, I'm going to March down to their London offices and kick their asses all round the proverbial "office"! :D

very true.. I fear the worst for the Supertramp/Crime Of The Century HFPA that was up for pre-order even before the Nick Drake but has been postponed again and again (and again and again and again..!!) :(

the crazy thing is the HFPA Facebook promo guys "in the office" were reportedly rocking out to the Crime Of The Century HFPA last year.. and raving about it on Facebook.. so why the hold up if the disc is done!?

I guess it's possible that the Japanese SHM-SACD due to be released soon could be the reason for the delay?

Has anyone bought this yet? Debating about getting it or paying a arm and a leg for a sealed hybrid. Thanks...
How much are you considering paying for the sealed hybrid? By the way, you can also get this on SHM SACD. It's not hybrid though.

How much are you considering paying for the sealed hybrid? By the way, you can also get this on SHM SACD. It's not hybrid though.

I would be lucky if I found a sealed copy with certificate for $20 to $25. Hopefully I can locate a gently used copy for less but the longer I put this off the more it will cost. Have the SHM SACD and ordered the blu-ray a few hours ago. If you have either or both of the first two mentioned, i'm curious if you like the sound quality?

The used ones I've seen are rather beat up. Digipaks don't preserve themselves or their contents.

I have the SHM SACD and a sealed hybrid. I think I sold my opened hybrid. The SHM SACD sounds excellent on the Sony 5400 I use.

Since you have the SHM SACD what do you need the hybrid for? If you need a redbook the currently available CD has the same redbook as the hybrid.

Back