BIG Blu-Ray Audio drive from Universal Music in 2013 - PART TWO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been recovering many of my vinyl LPs over the past few weeks and was amazed to find among them last night not one but two copies of "Songs in the Key of Life".

THIS is the way it was meant to be heard! Leaves the Blu-Ray for dust.

If one of those vinyl copies wants to accidentally get lost and swim across the sea to England, I wouldn't be complaining! ;) LOL

Did anyone order and receive the Janine Jansen Vivaldi Four Seasons Blu-ray Audio disc? Can you comment on sound formats and quality? Thanks

Well, I went ahead and ordered this title. I really enjoy the SACD and I hope the Blu-ray is also presented in surround. I'll post thoughts later.

Any reviews on the latest batch of 2014 HFPA releases from Universal?

Seems some here have received copies but not much feedback or comments on audio quality as yet. Anyone?

(I'm getting itchy. Not many incoming discs for me in 2014 yet)

Yeah, how about Genesis Selling England by the Pound? Anyone have a review?

Grace Jones Nightclubbing announced. seems like the guy from Universal whom Paul Sinclair interviewed earlier this year may have listened. the Grace Jones blu ray that was announced has a bunch of bonus cuts on it.

Grace Jones Nightclubbing announced. seems like the guy from Universal whom Paul Sinclair interviewed earlier this year may have listened. the Grace Jones blu ray that was announced has a bunch of bonus cuts on it.

Fake quad nicely via my surround master on Nightclubbing....

To my ears, it sounds exactly the same as the 2008 SACD, so if you have the SACD, there's not really much point in getting the Blu-Ray except if you want the High-Res 5.1 and stereo remixes on a more compatible high-res format. The SACD is the better package IMO simply because it has the bonus DVD with those great reissue interviews and the 1 hour concert from Shepperton Studios in 1973.

To my ears, it sounds exactly the same as the 2008 SACD, so if you have the SACD, there's not really much point in getting the Blu-Ray except if you want the High-Res 5.1 and stereo remixes on a more compatible high-res format. The SACD is the better package IMO simply because it has the bonus DVD with those great reissue interviews and the 1 hour concert from Shepperton Studios in 1973.
Do you have a link to where you bought it from?

I think it sounds excellent although I can't compare it to the SACD as I don't have that one. But, owning a bunch of the other Genesis 2007 SACD's, the Blu Ray certainly lacks the excellent bonus features those packages gave. I won't make any further comment on that subject as I've flogged that particular dead horse many times ;)

But buy with confidence. It sounds great :)

Back