MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - "Hypnotic Eye"

61Wj7AUILrL._SY300__PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

Tears For Fears - "The Hurting"

31UGvUecudL._SY300_.jpg

Tom Petty &The Heartbreakers-Hypnotic Eye and Gentle Giant-The Power & The Glory

Hard Day's Night from the UK. Played it already. Region B locked. All extras are LPCM (I think Criterion uses Dolby Digital) with the exception of the new trailer which the player reports as dts HD multi-channel (I get no sound out of this since the player outputs nothing through the digital output on this track... the machine is pre-dts HD). The credits at the end mention mastering by Criterion. Comes in a slipcase. The Blu-ray case is clear and extra thick, similar to the cases Criterion uses for most of their releases (but not HDN).

Attachments

• beatles_HDN_UK_case_front.jpg
    beatles_HDN_UK_case_front.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 256
  • beatles_HDN_UK_slipcase_front.jpg
    beatles_HDN_UK_slipcase_front.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 259
A la vie a la mort - Johnny Hallyday (HFPA Blu-ray Audio).

Confirmed as 5.1, just like the OOP SACD, Bob Clearmountain surround mix (y)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 236
A la vie a la mort - Johnny Hallyday (HFPA Blu-ray Audio).

Confirmed as 5.1, just like the OOP SACD, Bob Clearmountain surround mix (y)

Thanks! Do you know if the other 2 HFPAs are stereo only?

I started with Arriving Somewhere... That's when the sickness started.:mad:@:

Since then SW has been vacuuming money out of my bank account as fast as I can earn it. Heck, I even bought the comic books!

Me too!! Latest SW Mastering Project on my stack: The Power And The Glory - Gentle Giant (CD + BD-A)

Just picked this up at the local Best Buy. With an amazon price match and $10 reward certificate paid next to nothing for it.

Attachments

• gabirel_back_to_front.jpg
    gabirel_back_to_front.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 175
I have "Back To Front" & "New Blood" Blu-ray discs and prefer the latter for sound and the former overall. Peter Gabriel is a bit too much dramatic live for my tastes. So, these will not be viewed too frequently.

What he did with Genesis was art. What he is attempting now is just plain stupid. IMO

Glad to see you adding IMO to that last statement cause that's exactly what it is.
Many like myself love both parts of Peter's career (Genesis and solo). Tracks like "Family Snapshot", "No Self Control", "Red Rain", "Digging in the Dirt", and "Family and the Fishing Net" are just as good as a lot of the material he did with Genesis. He (IMO) has the best solo career of any Genesis member by far.
On the other hand, there are several people I know who love Gabriel's solo career but don't really understand or like any of the Genesis material.
To each his own.

Back