Gentle Giant - (most of) Octopus in 5.1 coming soon!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem buddy, my bad, should have reacted differently. I am not sure about the laws in NL, apart from that there are too many :)

it is probably more or less the same as the USA, that an onine retailer cannot send sth else than advertised. There is however, something about a customer can expect that it is wrong, then the retailer is in the right. Example, when you see something expensive advertised for a small amount, a customer can be sure it is wrong. But I am no expert on these things.

I ordered from Headphone Dust, so nothing to worry about :)

(p.s. there is much more to enjoy about Holland than those coffeeshops :)
Concerto Records in Amsterdam is brilliant! Just saying. :-D

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

I ordered from Headphone Dust, so nothing to worry about :)

(p.s. there is much more to enjoy about Holland than those coffeeshops :)

I won't touch that one with a ten foot pole! :upthumb

I ordered from Steven Wilson's site as well. I always do. Its my way to tell Steven to keep it up.
(A while back I suggested we kidnap him & Neil on a billionaires yacht and feed them euro-hookers and force them to remix
all our favs, but that didn't go over so well for some reason.) So i simply just buy from SW's store and everyone seems happier. :rolleyes:

Concerto Records in Amsterdam is brilliant! Just saying. :-D

Hi FVDnz,:D

Looks like they have four different stores. God I LOVE google Earth, what a gift for all of us to enjoy!

concerto.jpg

I ordered from Steven Wilson's site as well. I always do. Its my way to tell Steven to keep it up.
(A while back I suggested we kidnap him & Neil on a billionaires yacht and feed them euro-hookers and force them to remix
all our favs, but that didn't go over so well for some reason.) So i simply just buy from SW's store and everyone seems happier. :rolleyes:

Looks like they have four different stores. God I LOVE google Earth, what a gift for all of us to enjoy!

View attachment 22184
Wow, I was never aware of the other 3 stores lol. And going by that photo you posted, I believe that was the very same store I walked into. Phenomenal selection - and a dream for any Prog fan too

View attachment 22184
Wow, I was never aware of the other 3 stores lol. And going by that photo you posted, I believe that was the very same store I walked into. Phenomenal selection - and a dream for any Prog fan too

...and the coffee wasn't half bad either. ;-)

I completely missed this originally, but while perusing through Sid Smith's Twitter pics, I came across this pic of the "Octopus" Blu-Ray menu screen lighting up his TV! :)
CPgRpjJWoAAK89t.jpg

Nice, one of those will come to my home :)

These last couple of years will probably be looked back on in years to come as some sort of golden era for surround music, thanks to SW, AF, this place.. between now and the end of the year I have more pre-orders for new surround music releases coming up than I can remember, possibly ever..!?!? Excitinggggg times..!! :yikes

OOOH.. they look so £@&%ING GOOD MAAAAAAANNNN...!!!!! :banana:

Do we know what's on Octopus yet beyond the remixes and the upmixes? Like any bonuses and stuff?

Besides SW's new stereo and surround remixes (with upmixes as needed), there's a bonus track ("Excerpts from Octopus") from a 1976 live recording, stereo instrumental mixes of the 5 discretely remixed tracks, and a flat transfer of the original stereo mix.

These last couple of years will probably be looked back on in years to come as some sort of golden era for surround music, thanks to SW, AF, this place.. between now and the end of the year I have more pre-orders for new surround music releases coming up than I can remember, possibly ever..!?!? Excitinggggg times..!! :yikes
Yes Adam, a few excellent years in the surround department, and more to come.

Steven Wilson wrote

With the success of Hand. Cannot. Erase. I'm pretty busy with my own music and touring for the time being, but there's been some very exciting invitations coming in to remix more classic artists, so I certainly plan to do more when I can in 2016. Any news I have will be posted first on this page!
And we have "our" mixers Giancarlo Erra, Bruce Soord and Jim Newhouser. and I am also expecting some things from Thomas (Plan9) and Ryan Talbot. Would be nice to see some commercial surround work from the latter two.

And we have "our" mixers Giancarlo Erra, Bruce Soord and Jim Newhouser. and I am also expecting some things from Thomas (Plan9) and Ryan Talbot. Would be nice to see some commercial surround work from the latter two.

Funny you should say that, because another member of this very forum and myself have a project of releasing some new surround mixes commercially.

The majority of my own surround mixing work (as opposed to what I do for SW) is already available as commercial releases, but it is mostly in the movie business, or pretty confidential self-released stuff. I plan on making a recap thread when I have a little time.

Last edited:
Funny you should say that because another member of this very forum and myself have a project of releasing some new surround mixes commercially.

The majority of my own surround mixing work (as opposed to what I do for SW) is already available as commercial releases, but it is mostly in the movie business, or pretty confidential self-released stuff. I plan on making a recap thread when I have a little time.
Hi Thomas, is that the project you are doing with Edison? At least that is what I was thinking of.

Please make the thread with your won stuff. On your website, http://www.athome-mastering.com/#/cv/4555762706, I do not see these self-released stuff, do I ?

Funny you should say that because another member of this very forum and myself have a project of releasing some new surround mixes commercially.

Thomas, yes, I look forward to your recap as well.
Confidential released stuff, what could that be, to bad you can't share.
Always like your contributions here as well, thanks for your input.

peter

Yes Adam, a few excellent years in the surround department, and more to come.

Steven Wilson wrote

I know he hasn't visited QQ very much lately (I'm guessing he is very busy, which is VERY good news for us if that's the case!) but don't forget Neil Wilkes.. :)

Besides SW's new stereo and surround remixes (with upmixes as needed), there's a bonus track ("Excerpts from Octopus") from a 1976 live recording, stereo instrumental mixes of the 5 discretely remixed tracks, and a flat transfer of the original stereo mix.

Thank you RT, that sounds wonderful.. cannot wait..!!!! Not long to go now eh ;)

Yes please! If you put it out we will buy it :)

Back