Coldplay "A Head Full of Dreams" (5.1 Surround Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird, weird, weird....I just ordered from Clodplay's Store.
It costs me 0 €?????
And no credit card is needed????
I don't understand at all. :mad:@:
The only thing on their official site that shows up for me as "$0.00" here in the U.S. is the pack of holographic stickers. Album itself has a real price that contributes to the total.

Just got an email from Coldplay merchandising arm that said: "Order the Blu Ray version with 5.1 Surround!"

This should remove all doubts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I miss something? Is there a reason people are jumping over to the Coldplay store for their orders at nearly $30, instead of just ordering from bullmoose for $14?:confused:

ooh don't it look floomin' gorgeous... (and as you say REAL..!! :D )

Please let this be Pure Audio Blu-ray's "rebirth"...

We have had other notable BD-A standalone releases before (Roger Waters Amused To Death, for example.. ) but that was an 80's album redone in Surround, Blu-ray Audio has been crying out for exactly this kind of release, imho;

1.) current major artist
(with global and crossover appeal),

2.) new surround music mixes
(previously unreleased, of a recent album),

3.) standalone release
(not in a big box with other unwanted stuff),

4.) attractive price point
(this is arguable but to me it is a fair retail price and may well get discounted).

Hopefully it will not be a "one off"..

BRING IT ON....!!!

ooh don't it look floomin' gorgeous... (and as you say REAL..!! :D )

4.) attractive price point
(this is arguable but to me it is a fair retail price and may well get discounted).[/B]

Amazon UK price of £15.70 definitely, Coldplay's own price of £24 possibly not (for me anyway )

Well obviously I do care about all that tecchy stuff Ryan.. but as important to me is going to be the mastering and quality of the surround sound mix.. not long to go now, just 2 week before it hits the streets.. and its a standalone too, after all.. crikey!

3 things do I pray:
1.) Its a good mastering (not brickwalled, nor dynamically compressed),
2.) It's a great surround mix (not ambient but discrete, active and immersive),
3.) It paves the way for more standalone 5.1 Blu-rays of current artists (and old Quad reissues alike if the labels think they have a shot) at a similarly real world price point.

:worthy :worthy :worthy

I'm with you on this one and I'm extremely hesitant to order based on the mastering credit, Emily Lazar @ The Lodge did the mastering for the regular release of the album and even the 24/192 high resolution stereo mix is a disastrous DR5, slammed to heck!

Will they slam the surround mix too? Will the surround mix sound more like Bob Clearmountain's incredible mix of Bob Marley's Legend or Adam Kasper's Superunknown? If the former, I'd buy two hoping to convince them to do the first two albums in surround, if the latter I won't even play YOUR copy on my system, haha.

I'm with you on this one and I'm extremely hesitant to order based on the mastering credit, Emily Lazar @ The Lodge did the mastering for the regular release of the album and even the 24/192 high resolution stereo mix is a disastrous DR5, slammed to heck!

Will they slam the surround mix too? Will the surround mix sound more like Bob Clearmountain's incredible mix of Bob Marley's Legend or Adam Kasper's Superunknown? If the former, I'd buy two hoping to convince them to do the first two albums in surround, if the latter I won't even play YOUR copy on my system, haha.

I'm not going to order this either until I hear some comments on the quality of the mastering and mix. I'm not a big enough fan of the music to buy this without knowing if it has been done right. I'd love it to pave the way for future surround mixes, but I don't want to waste money on this if it is poorly done. There are too many other excellent surround releases coming out in the next few months.

After some deliberation, I will also consider ordering a copy but only if the reviews are positive...I want to support these releases, but why pay for something I won't ever enjoy ;)

I am waiting for this one to actually be made available on any Canadian website and as far as I can tell not for sale any where other than coldplay.com and a few other places.
For such a big selling album they sure have not done any marketing for this surround, seems more like a after thought and I do not understand the sales strategy as usually you should make your product available for customers to buy as limiting to only a few places does not seem wise in my books.
As their album was a very modern mix I do not have high hopes for a very dynamic mix, I would bet on a low DR score for this one so thankyou to those from here that are going to test drive this one for the rest of us.

peter

I'm not going to order this either until I hear some comments on the quality of the mastering and mix. I'm not a big enough fan of the music to buy this without knowing if it has been done right. I'd love it to pave the way for future surround mixes, but I don't want to waste money on this if it is poorly done. There are too many other excellent surround releases coming out in the next few months.

I definitely have some apprehensions about this one myself, but... whatever. It's cheap, and I got free shipping. I'm certainly not a fan of the music - I already know that. But if the mix is done right, I will get some iota of enjoyment out of it, and hopefully, drum up some incentive for the studio heads to push out some more releases.

If this thing was even $5 more, I'd probably avoid it entirely, but as it is, I'll take a chance on it :) TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM HERE!!! :smack::p

I definitely have some apprehensions about this one myself, but... whatever. It's cheap, and I got free shipping. I'm certainly not a fan of the music - I already know that. But if the mix is done right, I will get some iota of enjoyment out of it, and hopefully, drum up some incentive for the studio heads to push out some more releases.

If this thing was even $5 more, I'd probably avoid it entirely, but as it is, I'll take a chance on it :) TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM HERE!!! :smack::p

YEAY! :D Thanks for taking the risk! :upthumb

I was beginning to wonder if anyone was actually going to buy it.. or if everyone on QQ was just going to wait until somebody else bought it.. and what if nobody here bought it at all..

..and if an Amazonian drone flaps its undercarriage in the Sahara desert.. does it make you want to buy a potentially duff surround music title?

wocka..?

(Is there a "tumbleweed" emoticon? :eek: )

I ordered mine on US Amazon as soon as this thread came up, before it was pulled. I just got a text saying it has shipped!

Back