Coldplay "A Head Full of Dreams" (5.1 Surround Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered from the Coldplay store earlier this week. My order shipped on Wednesday using FedEx Smartpost. The tracking says it is scheduled for delivery Monday, but shows it arrived in town this morning so I am hoping for a Saturday delivery. However, the local post office is not reliable.

My US amazon order shows preparing for shipment. I ordered it on September 5. It shows that it will ship out September 28. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Last edited:
I see the Bullmoose says not available at this time and we all are experiencing flaky information. I'm going to trust that it sorts out in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My copy arrived this afternoon, but I could not listen to it as I had to leave for work right as it got here, but it's exactly what's pictured in the preview photos on Coldplay's webpages. :)

My copy arrived this afternoon, but I could not listen to it as I had to leave for work right as it got here, but it's exactly what's pictured in the preview photos on Coldplay's webpages. :)

Oh maaann.. that pesky work getting in the way of 5.1 fun..!! :eek:

"All work and no Coldplay makes.. "

(dot dot dot.. etcetera etcetera! :D )

how much longer til you get a chance to give it a spin Ryan? :cool:

(hangin' on the telephone, without Blondie sadly, for first word on whether this is a worthwhile surround mix or not!
...meantime it seems Brits who ordered from Amazon UK may have to wait til the end of the month.. although as desperate as I am to hear this, that'd kinda be doing me a favour tbh, pile of stuff to listen to like the leaning tower of dvd-a as it is.. and an acute lack of fundage til payday is another not inconsiderable factor in a bizarrely almost welcome delay of some sort! haha.. :p )

To answer some questions:

1) I will probably be able to listen to it tomorrow.
2) The packaging is a standard blue amaray case (just like in the pics on Coldplay's webpages)
3) I will create a poll thread for this disc either late tonight or early tomorrow (with scans!)

:)

First off, the disc autoplays the 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio stream, which is nice!
I'm on the title track right now (Track 1), and this is definitely a discrete mix, nothing big-stereo about it at all!
This sounds very promising!

I just finished my first full listen-through, and I think this is a very satisfying 45 mins of surround sound music that seemingly dropped out of nowhere.
Yes, I'm sure once some more of you acquire this disc, there will be nit-pick things that some of you can find fault with, and while it is not perfect, I'll probably give this a '9' once I listen again.

I really think we all need to do our best to buy this disc. It's $20 for a 5.1 surround sound Blu-Ray of an album by a very popular band. This is the kind of release that could catapult further releases into being, so let's all do our best to support this one!
(Plus I have some other ways we can further support this effort, but more on that later!) :)

Don't read through the fan comments on Facebook... You might get annoyed by those who have no idea what this is.

"Finally I can relive the concert!"

"But I already have this CD!"

"What's the difference?"

EDIT: it's actually better on the original announcement post, where they specifically talk about the 5.1 in the post text. :)

Back