Marillion - Misplaced Childhood in 5.1, Steven Wilson mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing it posted on Warner's site I feel much more confident!
I shared it too with The Web Spain and they knew nothing either

There was a post a couple of weeks ago on the Marillion fans forum where someone said that Lucy (the band's manager) had said on facebook that Warners would make an announcement on April 26th about forthcoming deluxe editions of the band's EMI albums. Now that was yesterday come and gone, but Lucy's statement at least makes it sound like something is coming.

There was a post a couple of weeks ago on the Marillion fans forum where someone said that Lucy (the band's manager) had said on facebook that Warners would make an announcement on April 26th about forthcoming deluxe editions of the band's EMI albums. Now that was yesterday come and gone, but Lucy's statement at least makes it sound like something is coming.
A deluxe edition is granted, Fish himself posted it on Facebook today:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154520864708587&substory_index=0&id=54830663586

A dream fulfilled! I cannot say how thrilled I am! There are not enough bananas!
Damn! Misplaced in surround! SW mixing! - Guys, this is just awesome.
This band is sooooooooo underrated. Misplaced is my favorite concept album of all time.
The lyrical imagery. A somewhat coherent story. Cool guitar solos. A pop hit.
Yeah it is neo-progressive gold!!!!!!!!! And it isn't even there best album.

The band's manager has been cryptically hinting on Facebook that some type of announcement from Warner (which holds the rights to their early catalog) was imminent. That announcement was supposed to happen on April 26 but late last week she stated that it was being pushed back a week.

Let the speculation begin that Warner Norway forgot to push back the listing and that this indeed true

Last edited:
Hm, does that post say anything about a deluxe Misplaced set? I can only find a Farewell To Childhood set.
No, no, Farewell to Childhood is his latest live release. He's speaking about coincidences related to Misplaced Childhood and the reference to the deluxe set points to the original studio record

If there's something I don't like about Marillion is the bright mastering of their records on CD. I really hope Steven's influence is noted on this release

OMG OMG OH. MY. GRODD!!! Am SO IN FOR THIS!!! ☺️

I do happen to notice that there's a 5.1 'remix' of the album and a 2017 remaster?! And yet Lady Nina is remixed but how about the rest of Misplaced Childhood? And it's interesting that Freaks isn't included among the surround category too.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

You guys know how much I love a good packshot, right?
Found this on the Word document press release, and it looks to be about the same size as the Jethro Tull sets, so it shouldn't be a huge shelf killer!

Marillion.jpeg

:)

I am so happy for you Marillion fans, and I'm glad to see these Wilson 5.1 mixes continue to get made.

A friend tried to get me into them when I was in college and it never clicked. It just didn't speak to me. Maybe I'll give them another shot. Let's see if they're on spotify.

I am so happy for you Marillion fans, and I'm glad to see these Wilson 5.1 mixes continue to get made.

A friend tried to get me into them when I was in college and it never clicked. It just didn't speak to me. Maybe I'll give them another shot. Let's see if they're on spotify.

They are. I'm listening to "Misplaced Childhood" (in stereo) on Spotify right now! :)

I never really warmed up to Marillion back in the 80's, though I can't say I disliked them either, and a 5.1 mix is going to make this hard to resist, especially if it is priced well.

This is great news!

Is it just coincidence that SW has moved to a Warner label and he's now remixed another Warner artist? Or is this all part of the deal, that Steven will remix more Warner artists?

This is great news!

Is it just coincidence that SW has moved to a Warner label and he's now remixed another Warner artist? Or is this all part of the deal, that Steven will remix more Warner artists?

Steven's now on Caroline International, which is under Universal, so no, I don't think his new solo deal has anything to do with this new remix from Marillion.
If anything, this probably came about because of his previous work with Fish.

Another one off the wishlist!

Alan Parsons Project, Misplaced Childhood... Keep them coming!! :-D

Now all that's missing is the Supertramp catalogue, Art of Noise - The Seduction of Claude Debussy, Dream Theater's Scenes from a Memory, oh well I can dream!

Awesome news. First in line to buy this.

Steven's now on Caroline International, which is under Universal, so no, I don't think his new solo deal has anything to do with this new remix from Marillion.
If anything, this probably came about because of his previous work with Fish.

Thanks Ryan. My mistake. I thought his new label was a Warner offshoot.

OK, I just played the song on Youtube and no, never heard it. But after listening...I know why. 2 reasons.

1. 1985 (I was a metal head and also partying beyond what is humanly necessary)
2. It reminds me of Genesis, and I used to hate them...of course, now I love their music

I would have never dreamed this is what Marillion sounds like. :)

Ditto... but I'll buy it and (probably) grow to love it, being an SW mix and all...:smokin

Another one off the wishlist!

Alan Parsons Project, Misplaced Childhood... Keep them coming!! :-D

Now all that's missing is the Supertramp catalogue, Art of Noise - The Seduction of Claude Debussy, Dream Theater's Scenes from a Memory, oh well I can dream!

Awesome news. First in line to buy this.

Stop.... my heart cant take it!

Back