October 2023 D-V SACD Releases (Isley Bros, O’Jays, Enoch Light, Tony Mottola, Henry Mancini)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was reading the booklet for the Mancini 4-fer (Yes I know I am a nerd-I do read the booklets) and noticed this statement on the inside of the last page attached as a PDF file.

The note about Vols. 1 & 2 being only released on 8-Track is incorrect since they both were released on quad reel.

From Quadraphonic Discography:
HENRY MANCINI -
Best. RCA EPQ1-1128-QF (DQR), PQ8-1128 (Q8)
Best Vol. 2. RCA EPQ1-1315-QF (DQR), PQ8-1315 (Q8)

Attachments

• 2023-10-26-0001.pdf
    113 KB · Views: 0
A big word of warning regarding the 2 disc set of Mancini. SACD 2 (they call it CD2), is on the backside of CD1. It is nearly impossible to get it off the plastic holder. No, seriously. I thought it might break...but I was able to finally dislodge it. Easily the tightest I've ever encountered. I'm going to try to file down the plastic pins, and see if that helps.
I *DID* break my disc! First time that's ever happened. In theory, the replacement is being delivered today.

currently listening to Live in London, now THAT's how a surround mix of a live performance should be done!
superb, isn't it! 💘🥳 for me that new DV O'Jays set is one of the best things i've ever bought on SACD! 🥰 there's a brand new reworking of an out of print Sony gem in "Ship Ahoy" (they do sound different from one another, i give DV the nod for being strictly 4-channel and even more 'in your face' than before!), a fantastic Surround presentation of "Live in London" where the band were absolutely on fire and last but by no means least, what is for me one of the most accomplished Quad mixes of all time of "Message In The Music" from towards the end of Quad's life when the best mixers like Philly International's Arthur Stoppe had really sussed out how to do it! it's an out and out triumph for just over 20 smackers!! 💋🏆💎👑💝

superb, isn't it! 💘🥳 for me that new DV O'Jays set is one of the best things i've ever bought on SACD! 🥰 there's a brand new reworking of an out of print Sony gem in "Ship Ahoy" (they do sound different from one another, i give DV the nod for being strictly 4-channel and even more 'in your face' than before!), a fantastic Surround presentation of "Live in London" where the band were absolutely on fire and last but by no means least, what is for me one of the most accomplished Quad mixes of all time of "Message In The Music" from towards the end of Quad's life when the best mixers like Philly International's Arthur Stoppe had really sussed out how to do it! it's an out and out triumph for just over 20 smackers!! 💋🏆💎👑💝
I can certainly see why the original Ship Ahoy SACD was so well regarded and in demand. The whole DV package is just brilliant!

And I am due to receive the next Quadio batch next week. Thankfully I am retired and have some time to listen to all this!
Same here Scott, 11.5 yrs...I was lucky in that I could retire early.
Loving every second of it....the time just flies, especially with 2 young grandsons to entertain.

And I am due to receive the next Quadio batch next week. Thankfully I am retired and have some time to listen to all this!
I’ve been retired for about eight years, and I’m busier than I ever was when I had to go to work. I usually try to keep an hour or two available each evening for music and movies, but, well, we’re going to see Ballet Idaho tonight, so the discs will stay stationary until tomorrow, anyway.

How are the quad mixes on the Mancini, Enoch light and Mottola? Those are the only ones I am slightly interested in. I have a couple of the Mancinni releases, and like most of them, some are better than others. Most of the Enoch light I have heard are crazy quad. Thanks

How are the quad mixes on the Mancini, Enoch light and Mottola? Those are the only ones I am slightly interested in. I have a couple of the Mancinni releases, and like most of them, some are better than others. Most of the Enoch light I have heard are crazy quad. Thanks
All 3 of them are mostly killer in Quad. I have all 3. I've never been disappointed with Mancini. I'd never heard Mottola, but it is ridiculously good.

thanks for the reply GOS. I think i will order them. Love me some killer quad.

Reactions: GOS
Back