4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss M is certainly a classic album and one with a great quad mix. But there are priorities, and the need for some goddamn rock & roll as well.

Bette would imo fit well with a batch that features yet the other Gordon, Randy, or Starship Quadio title in the gallery.

Now I’ve gotta stop obsessing over those three unissued quad masters, and the four other elusive artists’ I’d also like a lot, and listen again to the AWB.

Last edited:
Acoustic Sounds has good quality replacement cases.
Thanks! I found some large hinge ones for a reasonable price. We'll see what shape they are when they arrive. Last two batches of 4 Quadio's had 3 broken hinge corners and I managed to crack 1 case disassembling to scan art, and I'm sure I have another some where (non Quadio) cracked.

This post is worth, reposting. :love: :hi :SB
Yes indeed. Some other things worth repeating, too, as @timbre4 reminded me this morning (when he went back to a post I'd forgotten about--a recap I made in the wake of @quicksrt's visit to Rhino's "Common Wave" LA listening session back in September):
  • Rhino are planning to release some unissued quads (there are "a lot of them" to choose from), some Best Ofs, and possibly some brand-new quad mixes, at least one of which will be by a well-known quad mixer from back in the day who's still around;
  • They have roughly 120 WEA quad titles to choose from (so...four per quarter...that's the better part of a decade's worth of releases!--although it wasn't clear if the unissued titles are included in that total);
  • They mean to "test the limits" with some "outlier" releases (especially in the jazz category);
  • They may reissue some 5.1 mixes that were previously released on DVD-A;
  • They'll definitely be doing some Atmos Blu-Rays, with the first set of releases in February 2024 to include the Best of the Doors (Bruce Botnick has already done all of the Doors albums);
  • They're focusing on keeping these affordable & accessible.
I'm sure Steve will tell us if any of those plans have changed since last fall.

Yes indeed. Some other things worth repeating, too, as @timbre4 reminded me this morning (when he went back to a post I'd forgotten about--a recap I made in the wake of @quicksrt's visit to Rhino's "Common Wave" LA listening session back in September):
  • Rhino are planning to release some unissued quads (there are "a lot of them" to choose from), some Best Ofs, and possibly some brand-new quad mixes, at least one of which will be by a well-known quad mixer from back in the day who's still around;
  • They have roughly 120 WEA quad titles to choose from (so...four per quarter...that's the better part of a decade's worth of releases!--although it wasn't clear if the unissued titles are included in that total);
  • They mean to "test the limits" with some "outlier" releases (especially in the jazz category);
  • They may reissue some 5.1 mixes that were previously released on DVD-A;
  • They'll definitely be doing some Atmos Blu-Rays, with the first set of releases in February 2024 to include the Best of the Doors (Bruce Botnick has already done all of the Doors albums);
  • They're focusing on keeping these affordable & accessible.
I'm sure Steve will tell us if any of those plans have changed since last fall.
Nothing's changed.
The Atmos BluRays have moved out a bit but there should be a couple coming out soon.

They'll definitely be doing some Atmos Blu-Rays, with the first set of releases in February 2024 to include the Best of the Doors (Bruce Botnick has already done all of the Doors albums);
So excited for these! Warner has so many great titles out in Atmos - Grateful Dead, Talking Heads, Chic, Joni Mitchell, etc. I’m hoping they’ll do some of the more eclectic selections as well, like William Orbit’s The Painter or Christine McVie’s In The Meantime.

Thank you Rhino for using DHL rather than UPS to Canada. I received Good Old Boys today and The World is a Ghetto is due tomorrow! So 1 week with DHL rather than 4 and 7 weeks (Quadio bundles 1 & 2) with UPS.
No shipping notice on the other two yet. Maybe They'll show up soon unannounced.
All three remaining Quadios showed up today. One cracked corner but I can replace that when the Spinners replacement arrives, hopefully intact.
Keep using DHL Rhino!

This may NOT be popular with QQ's predominantly Rock 'n Roll membership, but WARNER does control EMI/Angel's extensive Classical QUAD catalogue and down the road it would be nice if they could access some of the more 'popular' classical titles for future BD~A 192/24 releases!

Received War and AWB together and another box mailer with Svengali. Still awaiting Randy's title.

Appears the single boxed item had a cracked corner, too...so maybe Rhino should reconsider that type of packing box considering the shipping costs they charge.

Tonight I'm gonna listen!
Can't wait to compare the new AWB Quad release with my Quad transfer I found years ago (which most of us might have)...
As for War and Svengali (and Randy's when I get it) - never heard those - should be fun!

Tim's Dozen = released WEA titles + unreleased WEA titles + RCA / UA titles:

Gordon Lightfoot - Cold on the Shoulder​
Modern Jazz Quartet - The Last Concert​
Nilsson/Nilsson Schmilsson​
Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze​
Carly Simon - Greatest Hits​
James Taylor - Gorilla​
Black Sabbath - Sabotage
Captain Beyond - s/t
Todd Rundgren - Initiation
James Taylor - Sweet Baby James
Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die
Uriah Heep - Return To Fantasy
I'm aware of the discussions that some of these may not exist; keeping the torch lit until it's put out :smokin

Back