Deluxe Edition of "Imagine" Coming Soon! (Remixed 5.1 and Remastered Quad audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are, directly and inadvertently, giving me ideas for the next few videos.

Mike, the news media is always talking about how primitive a culture Afghanistan is and here's a US soldier, stationed in Bagram, hawking a state of the art medium [surround sound] and sharing his passion on you tube with fellow surround enthusiasts.

IMO, this would be a great scoop for the US news shows [CNN, MSNBC, etc] and take the focus away from the everyday humdrum news which, IMO, has become ultimately depressing.

Mr. Veira, this could very well be your fifteen minutes of fame and also give you the opportunity to hawk your wonderful BD~A 'Disturbing the Universe!'

Are you ready for your close~up? And is it possible [and/or safe] to use real Afghan locations for future tapings ...... which would really add some pizazz to your videos?

You can do for surround audio what the late, great Anthony Bourdain achieved for the culinary world with his brilliant CNN show "Parts Unknown."

Last edited:
Mike, the news media is always talking about how primitive a culture Afghanistan is and here's a US soldier, stationed in Bagram, hawking a state of the art medium [surround sound] and sharing his passion on you tube with fellow surround enthusiasts.

IMO, this would be a great scoop for the US news shows [CNN, MSNBC, etc] and take the focus away from the everyday humdrum news which, IMO, has become ultimately depressing.

Mr. Vieira, this could very well be your fifteen minutes of fame and also give you the opportunity to hawk your wonderful BD~A 'Disturbing the Universe!'

Are you ready for your close~up? And is it possible [and/or safe] to use real Afghan locations for future tapings ...... which would really add some pizazz to your videos?

You can do for surround audio what the late, great Anthony Bourdain achieved for the culinary world with his brilliant CNN show "Parts Unknown."

These are really cool ideas. Perhaps this will all make for a good story, someday, maybe even soon. I like the juxtaposition of living in austere conditions, with no surround sound set up, and trying to engage with and promote the hobby.
There is also the link between being over here, involved in a war, which is violent, and donating the proceeds of Disturbing the Universe to Doctors Without Borders, who are over here doing great work, which I wish were unnecessary.
Lots of good stuff there. If it ever gets finished, the interview that was shot for the making of Disturbing the Universe features some cool stories too, like the parallel between the birth of my son and the birth of the album.

For my safety, it would be good to keep my overseas activities as much on the down-low as possible, until I'm back home.
I don't mind my QQ family knowing what's going on in the vaguest way, but anything more than that could be unwise.

2FEC5A30-9710-414F-81F8-C79764FA33D5.jpeg

Nice to see a track mix pictorially and I'd forgotten it was Alan White on drums

Ooh! Last time I saw Alan White perform, it was on his birthday with his mom in the audience: Jon Anderson announced it, while Howe, Squire, and Wakeman played along at the Edinburgh Playhouse (2007, I think) -- YES!

Not sure if this has been mentioned and I've not got time at the moment to trawl through the previous 15 pages, but I noticed that there is a stand alone Blu-ray too...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G2RMQBB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Is this basically the first Blu-ray out of the big box or something completely different???

Unfortunately this isn't the first disc of the Blu-rays included in the box set, this is just the "Imagine" movie (newly restored) and the Gimme Some Truth documentary.

The box set is the only way to get the 5.1 and 4.0 mixes of the album found on Blu-ray Disc 1

Also unless you ordered the stupor deluxe bundle from Universal, the item you've listed is NOT found in any of the Super Deluxe version of Imagine, so it is still well-worth pre-ordering to get IMO:

Imagine / Gimme Some Truth Blu-ray:
• Restored & remastered from original negative in HD1080:
• Imagine film by John & Yoko (Ultimate Audio Mixes in 5.1 & Stereo)
• Gimme Some Truth documentary – the making of ‘Imagine’ (Remastered Audio)
• Jealous Guy (Vocal take, Raw Studio Mix)
• How? (Vocal take, Raw Studio Mix)
• Gimme Some Truth (Vocal take, Raw Studio Mix)
• David Bailey Photoshoot
• 96kHz/24bit audio in 5.1 Surround Sound, DTS & Stereo

Cheers both, worth checking! ;)

Still a good shout though, as after a bit searching of the net, the Imagine (1972) film ....’consists mostly of "film promos" around the song selection, and all the songs from Lennon's Imagine album appear in the soundtrack’ ...remixed in 5.1. So, my wallet says I’m tempted by this rather than the boxset :sneaky:

I’m wondering if there will be a cheaper release in the coming months, such as stand-alone blu-Ray or CD+DVD/blu-ray. I’d love to get this remix, but the deluxe edition seems just too much for my interest in the album.

I’m wondering if there will be a cheaper release in the coming months, such as stand-alone blu-Ray or CD+DVD/blu-ray. I’d love to get this remix, but the deluxe edition seems just too much for my interest in the album.
Unfortunately, I don’t think you can expect anything like we saw with The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky.

Buy this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G2RMQBB/

It's supposed to contain the same (main album) 5.1 mixes as the box set, only in video form.

:)

Back