Deluxe Edition of "Imagine" Coming Soon! (Remixed 5.1 and Remastered Quad audio)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished another two listens of Imagine. I’m finally starting to open up to the album as as whole. One of the overdrawn songs that I didn’t like because of the length was played 5 times until I accepted that fact. :LOL:

Also, I listened to Mind Games too but only once. With the exception of the title track, I’ve never heard this album. And, speaking of the title track. Mind Games has always been my favorite Lennon single followed by #9 Dream which, to me, sounds like a Harrison song and an outtake from Revolver.

From what I've read, it really sounds like the surround mixer was allowed to have fun, and that's what excites me the most about this release... while I'm looking forward to getting the original album tracks in surround, I think I'm more intrigued by all the alternate mixes highlighting various instruments and spreading those elements about the room. With the original album mix, you kind of expect it to sound a certain way (leaving the possibility to be let down); with the alternate mixes there are no expectations and anything goes!! :LB

I respond to him in this video:

Mike, a wonderful response to Steve Guttenberg's 'curious but hardly persuasive' you tube video upon first hearing the new 5.1 remix of John Lennon's IMAGINE.

You did cover most of the bases quite adequately from MONO through 5.1 and of course there is now in our audio arsenals further surround envelopment with Dolby Atmos and Auro 3D [which I've yet to incorporate into my own systems].

It's SO ironic you're so many thousands of miles away, engaged in defending our country and have the profound interest to further the cause of our little niche surround community but it's voices like yours that just might help it grow and somewhat prosper as Jon Urban has with QQ forum.

Many artists are taking notice and with the Beatles camp and now Imagine getting the surround treatment, I always felt this WAS among the missing links which kept the format from engaging a more mainstream audience.

As many of us are aware, 2018 is really turning out to be a banner year for IMPORTANT surround releases coming at a time when streaming, downloads and vinyl are diverting revenue from high res/digital physical disc releases but despite that, within the coming months, I do feel positive that more and more important artists will realize the potential of remastering their back [and quite possibly current] catalogues into 5.1/7.1 surround thus creating a more viable platform for the continued success of the format.

Thanks Mike ....... you're not only a patriot and super family man but a much needed vocal advocate to spread the word that there's more to music than two channels and that it also vastly improves, when properly executed, the listening experience immeasurably!

Last edited:
I respond to him in this video:
[/QUOTE ]

Excellent video... you're very articulate and reasonable in you're discussion. One thing that would be cool if you could manage it (on future videos) would be to cut to or inlay images of the sacds and blurays that you discuss. I like the backdrop as well. If you havn't already done so, it would be good to have a thread here dedicated to your video releases. Thanks :)

He IS in faraway Afghanistan, Skherbeck! When he gets home he'll be in a better place to do all of the above. But you have to admit, if he wasn't happily married, every grandmother alive would try to fix him up with their granddaughters!

Such a nice boy!

From what I've read, it really sounds like the surround mixer was allowed to have fun, and that's what excites me the most about this release... while I'm looking forward to getting the original album tracks in surround, I think I'm more intrigued by all the alternate mixes highlighting various instruments and spreading those elements about the room. With the original album mix, you kind of expect it to sound a certain way (leaving the possibility to be let down); with the alternate mixes there are no expectations and anything goes!! :LB

That's one advantage this project has...it's not one of the "sacred cows"... like Sgt. Peppers or other Beatles albums that are held in such high esteem that they aren't allowed to be tinkered with....LOVE wasn't even an album so creatively was allowed...the FINAL FOUR(Paul...Ringo and the 2 spouses)aren't an obstacle on this release....but yet this release is backed by deep pockets and all the resources of the Beatle Empire if they so desire...best of 2 worlds...perhaps if this title is a success this could open the eyes of the Beatle empire toward more Beatle releases done the same way...and George Harrison's All Things Must Pass could be included...

For what it’s worth, I placed the box set into my cart and left it there overnight - this morning, I received a promo code for $5 off what was in my cart -

After the discount, then adding in $2.99 standard shipping, total came to $67.85
I will have to see if I get a code. Unfortunately Import CDs has started collecting sales tax so that is another consideration.

Amazon really needs to implement a Global Shipping Cost. Then, ship from the respective customer’s country. I still have my pre-order with Amazon UK and chose AmazonGlobal Priority 2-4 days but my email states that my package will arrive sometime between October 10-12 with an October 5 release date. WTF?? o_O

Just be patient...amazon will have shipping drones in the air any day now:rolleyes:

Have the drone bring you pizza while you are at it 😜

That's if the pizza toppings don't drop on your head first!

th

One thing that would be cool if you could manage it (on future videos) would be to cut to or inlay images of the sacds and blurays that you discuss. I like the backdrop as well. If you havn't already done so, it would be good to have a thread here dedicated to your video releases.
Great suggestions! If you check out the Life in Surround Channel Teaser, you'll see that I can incorporate album covers. Figuring out how to do that during dialog could be tricky, but maybe a fun challenge. As for my setting, I'm just borrowing time in a USO music rec room on base. I'm lucky it is suitable enough, though I have to move things around, like lighting.
My family is putting together a set at home.

Last edited:
Back