'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flawed indeed, like any rare gem.

I was twelve when it was released, and thought it was cool for lots of twelve-year-old reasons beside the great music ("Why don't we do it in the road," snicker!!)

When I listen to it now, I can hear the band beginning to break apart, and the bittersweet is nearly overwhelming at times.

Not thrilled at the concept of paying $100+ for this when the time comes (still holding out on Sgt. Pepper), but I probably will.

Simply think of it as inflation. Since the late sixties, what was $10 then is $100 now.

And the White Album remastered and in surround. Couldn't get that for ten bucks back 'then!'

I was 14 ..just getting into Jimi Hendrix (any surround for him would blow my mind). In our house Dad liked the Stones mum liked the Beatles so it depended on who won the battle for the wind up gramophone player!! All I ever heard was 'turn that music down'...course I was parent deaf by then..:), there might have been other choice phrases used as well..:censored:
Anyways back on to the White Album. I will deffo have this on pre order...and then bring on Abbey Road. Who is the mixing engineer ? Would it be Giles again?

Simply think of it as inflation. Since the late sixties, what was $10 then is $100 now.

And the White Album remastered and in surround. Couldn't get that for ten bucks back 'then!'

I thought you were really exaggerating, but looking at the inflation calculator, $10 in June 1968 is $72.50 in May 2018. And according to this post from "The Forum Which Must Not Be Named" some paid above $10!

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...what-price-did-you-pay-for-it-in-1968.466607/

Oh, man..I am of the "didn't LOOOOOVE S.Pepper in MCh but it's not bad" camp, so, after having it in Stereo on an Apple early 70's pressing, a very expensive original UK Mono pressing and a modern repressing in Mono ( not to mention the original St CD and a boot mono CD), can't wait to have it...I remember The Beatles vaguely from when I was a child...but I discovered them out curiosity, along with the Venus and Mars LP, which I still have...iirc it was like, hey V&M is great, and they say this guy was a Beatle? Hmmm let's see...and the rest is history...

Last edited:
I thought you were really exaggerating, but looking at the inflation calculator, $10 in June 1968 is $72.50 in May 2018. And according to this post from "The Forum Which Must Not Be Named" some paid above $10!

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...what-price-did-you-pay-for-it-in-1968.466607/

My college tuition with room and board was $4,400 a year back in the mid sixties. Now it's WELL over $50K.

My summer job at the time was paying $1.25 per hour [which was taxable] so I ended up working 96 hours and came home with exactly $96 [we were paid every two weeks]!

But then a gallon of regular gasoline was approximately $.39 and a double feature movie with newsreels and sometimes 10 cartoons was $.25!

Look at what ONE movie costs today @ movie theaters [$15 in New York].

So, in 2018 A White Album w/5.1 BD~A remaster by Giles Martin will run [guestimate] $150~200 [List price]

• A 2018 White Album w/5.1 BD~A remaster by ELLIOT SCHEINER: PRICELESS!

Last edited:
canyoutakemeback.jpg

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back