What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"1970-1975" - Genesis (Hybrid M/C SACD + DVD Boxset)*

* Trespass, Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England By The Pound & The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway albums in 7 x SACD & 6 DVDV format Box.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Amazon UK put up 2 of these SACD sets (now OOP and pricey, like everything else) last week, marked up for pre-order at £97.50 (with a lead time of 2-4 weeks, which then changed to "in stock but may require an additional 2 days.." blah-blah!) at which point I pre-ordered.

The price then went up a day or so later, to £115.. but Amazon stuck to the price I pre-ordered at (as they should) and well, here it is, the 70-75 Genesis SACD box, new and sealed.

I don't know whether to open it or sell it on, seeing as there's a used one on Amazon UK for £269.99 at the moment..!? It's very tempting but I think after deliberating for about 5 years whether or not to get it (and now it goes for megabucks) .. I guess I may as well enjoy it and play with it as its probably the best chance I'll have to get it new and not insanely overpriced for the foreseeable! :eek:

* Trespass, Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot, Selling England By The Pound & The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway albums in 7 x SACD & 6 DVDV format Box.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Amazon UK put up 2 of these SACD sets (now OOP and pricey, like everything else) last week, marked up for pre-order at £97.50 (with a lead time of 2-4 weeks, which then changed to "in stock but may require an additional 2 days.." blah-blah!) at which point I pre-ordered.

The price then went up a day or so later, to £115.. but Amazon stuck to the price I pre-ordered at (as they should) and well, here it is, the 70-75 Genesis SACD box, new and sealed.

I don't know whether to open it or sell it on, seeing as there's a used one on Amazon UK for £269.99 at the moment..!? It's very tempting but I think after deliberating for about 5 years whether or not to get it (and now it goes for megabucks) .. I guess I may as well enjoy it and play with it as its probably the best chance I'll have to get it new and not insanely overpriced for the foreseeable! :eek:

Unless you're desperate for the cash I would say play it and enjoy it. It's only going to go up in value and providing you look after it you'll be able to sell it for more in a few months/years time, after having had some enjoyment out of it.

Unless you're desperate for the cash I would say play it and enjoy it. It's only going to go up in value and providing you look after it you'll be able to sell it for more in a few months/years time, after having had some enjoyment out of it.

you're right Neil, I should hang onto it and enjoy it. though if I could trade it for Lovebox/Scorpions I'd have to seriously think about it! ;)

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase tell me you'll keep it and enjoy the content!! These things were made to be listened to and enjoyed. Anyone who buys them and then keeps them sealed on a shelf is just bonkers (present company excluded of course!). I wish I had had the strength of conviction and a healthy bank balance to buy these when they were originally released, but I was naive and thought that, rather than shooting through the roof, prices would come down as demand dropped and retailers struggled to shift them. Yes, yes, I know.... :-/

I want these box sets soooooo much, but for now, I'm picking up individual albums as and when they appear.

Newest addition to the ranks. Nice to have a selection of tracks that either didn't get an album 5.1 mix or are on albums I've yet to acquire...

408999_10151606376495499_1352900677_n.jpg

Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase tell me you'll keep it and enjoy the content!! These things were made to be listened to and enjoyed. Anyone who buys them and then keeps them sealed on a shelf is just bonkers (present company excluded of course!). I wish I had had the strength of conviction and a healthy bank balance to buy these when they were originally released, but I was naive and thought that, rather than shooting through the roof, prices would come down as demand dropped and retailers struggled to shift them. Yes, yes, I know.... :-/

I want these box sets soooooo much, but for now, I'm picking up individual albums as and when they appear.

I know, I know... it's crazy and indefensible! I get all this stuff to hear it and enjoy it as much as anyone on here!

Rated PG..!?

don't let the kids get their mitts on it while you're out!

:yikes

Yeah, I think this was from overseas (outside UK, possibly Hong Kong). not quite sure what constitutes the rating though. I'm guessing the music video? Also, the stickers (yes, there's another on the rear cover of the booklet) can't be peeled off without destroying the booklet.

yep, the mix is right up there with the best of the best! (y)

my only gripes we never got any of their f***in' albums (unfutzed with) in surround..!!!! :mad:

I think the Beatles studio albums, if done properly, could blow anything else out of the water, especially from Revolver onwards. But even the early albums could be mixed to reflect the band's physical set up in Studio 2. Not holding my breath though... :(

Yeah, I think this was from overseas (outside UK, possibly Hong Kong). not quite sure what constitutes the rating though. I'm guessing the music video? Also, the stickers (yes, there's another on the rear cover of the booklet) can't be peeled off without destroying the booklet.

Its a New Zealand video Classification label.... I wonder where you got it :eek:.

http://www.censorship.govt.nz/searc...-zealands-classification-labels.html#anchor02

They are a real pain in the ass.... (in terms of peeling off - best done when they are new). I had one on the front of my Neil Young - Harvest disc that ripped the cover when i took it off...

Well, I'd have expected to have added Rush Counterparts to my pile by now but still have not received it from importcds.com. These guys don't even have a phone number, and no shipping update after Mar. 7, and it's now the 13th. They could have strapped this onto a mule and gotten it to me by now, from CA to UT, about 700 miles.

As of yesterday I'm an Amazon Prime subscriber. Maybe I should just order it from them. And I just might.

LTJ Bukem presents Planet Earth - DVD-V DTS

I got excited when I saw the slipcase that it was a DVD-A, but was brought back down to Earth when I read the find print and popped it in my Oppo.

yep, the mix is right up there with the best of the best! (y)

my only gripes we never got any of their f***in' albums (unfutzed with) in surround..!!!! :mad:

I have a few REM albums that came with a DVD. I thought they were in 5.1, perhaps I am wrong. I should play it again. Green is one of them.

I have a few REM albums that came with a DVD. I thought they were in 5.1, perhaps I am wrong. I should play it again. Green is one of them.

I finally found a copy of 'Green' at a reasonable price this evening, so looking forward to that and 'Up' arriving. Just need 'Automatic For the People' and 'Document' now to complete the 5.1 R.E.M. set :)

Latest acquisition is Ten Summoner's Tales. Had it on CD when it first came out but the disc went walkies some time ago. Seems only right that I replace it with the surround sound version! :)

I guess they forgot to jack up the price on this one.

Attachments

• spintoto1.jpg
    spintoto1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 116
  • spintoto2jpg.JPG
    spintoto2jpg.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back